JJF Board Testing

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
what in the christ is a reverse duckdive and how did that even work?
Nathan talks about that in one of his videos. Paddle in so your not in the impact zone and then dip and turn underwater, or something like that. Him and John, and probably Ivan too though I've never seen him, are two of the best duckdivers. Someone posted on here the crazy paddle out that John did with some others and he dipped a wave that was pretty heavy. That was impressive.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
OK, I thought it was almost nek level as far as turns, tubes and airs went.

You found the editing choppy?

Most of it was at a nice leisurely pace with a slacker soundtrack.

Reactions: ReForest

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
OK, I thought it was almost nek level as far as turns, tubes and airs went.

You found the editing choppy?

Most of it was at a nice leisurely pace with a slacker soundtrack.
The two videos are chalk and cheese. From the 5 minutes or so I watched of Noa, I would have said his turns, tubes and airs well ahead of JJF, but I couldn't handle the editing, its sort of flashing from one snippet of a wave to another, alternating between different filters and the music not to my tastes - I think the video is aimed for the youth, not people of my age group :D

The JJF vid, just seemed more real. It came from a single day on the North Shore (I presume), whereas the Noa vid could have been months of accumulated highlights edited into one. JJF has the discipline to compete and succeed on the world tour, works with one shaper refining designs. That adds significance to me, so I enjoyed watching it all.

Noa Deane looks like he is a fantastic surfer, but in the handful of WSL events he has tried not done very well at all except for one Noa Deane Surfer Bio | Age, Height, Videos & Results | World Surf League

Reactions: Thunderbird six

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
That kid on the red board is pretty good.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ChaseTMP