California Air Resources Board: Mandate all new trucks operating around busy railways and ports be zero-emission vehicles by 2024.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the guy who tells us racism doesn't exist and is just an issue being pushed by the media is sharing an article and trying the absolute mostest to peg the policy proposal in question as racist

it goes without saying that the poster in question works in the medical profession and is likely well aware of the established links between air pollution and cancers, respiratory problems, and developmental issues among exposed children

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
the guy who tells us racism doesn't exist and is just an issue being pushed by the media is sharing an article and trying the absolute mostest to peg the policy proposal in question as racist

it goes without saying that the poster in question works in the medical profession and is likely well aware of the established links between air pollution and cancers, respiratory problems, and developmental issues among exposed children
I don’t disagree.

However we all saw how big of a clsterfuk the ports were because of dumb laws and other issues. Do we really want a repeat of that?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
False.

I said if you don't support the policy you're racist.

Are you a racist?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I don't think the technology is there yet. I'd be concerned that what this will do in the short term is raise the price of virtually everything in California that enters by truck. Which would obviously impact the economically disadvantaged.

Maybe I'm wrong on the tech. Time will tell.
Or businesses will move out of and avoid California and ship their goods via ports elsewhere.

Reactions: PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So are people like Alex Berenson and other Covid skeptics. Why regulate one type of disinfo but not the other :unsure:
I would say the two are not comparable but you and Ifallalot would disagree.

But it seems like the covid skeptics have plenty of places to howl at the moon, if this place is any example.

How many people on this bb are saying it's good to be a fat fuck?

I think we must consider the qualitative and the quantitative and that is hard to do when you have biases pushing toward. a desired conclusion.

I agree that the CDC fucked up.

But I also think the society fucked up too.

We are so fucked when a real virus attacks.

Reactions: Aruka and enframed