Another day, another (Walmart) mass-shooting.....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
dudes, squidliar is totally disconnected from reality

look at the train of thought here...

what a fkn cuckoo bird

everything, everywhere is a conspiracy

WTF?!

Reactions: need 4 speed

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
But they can’t. And so they won’t.

Now what’s your thought on how to keep people from shooting other people?
Start by reinstituting the death penalty across the country and actually carry it out. Get extremely tough on all forms of violent crime. Long sentences and no leniency. Build as many prisons as needed and fill them up. Make prison a harsh place to be.

Now what's your thought on how to keep people from stabbing other people?

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Start by reinstituting the death penalty across the country and actually carry it out. Get extremely tough on all forms of violent crime. Long sentences and no leniency. Build as many prisons as needed and fill them up. Make prison a harsh place to be.

Now what's your thought on how to keep people from stabbing other people?
so you think bigger government is the answer?

and who's paying for all of this?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The ultimate purpose of government is to protect the citizens from crime and invasion. Both are areas where democrats are completely not up to the job. It can be paid for partly by prison labor.

so that's a yes to bigger government, which means higher taxes. and that's also a yes to for-profit prisons.

how does prison labor pay for all this?

we already have the largest prison population in the world (and the largest per capita prison population). why is that not helping?

how do we fund the infrastructure if, for example, we double or triple the prison population? how do we fund the court system that would face a deluge of constant appeals and parole hearings? how do we pay for more corrections officers? food service?

I'm going way out on a limb here and saying that you really haven't thought this through, beyond the Fox News headline you're probably parroting.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
so that's a yes to bigger government, which means higher taxes. and that's also a yes to for-profit prisons.

how does prison labor pay for all this?

we already have the largest prison population in the world (and the largest per capita prison population). why is that not helping?

how do we fund the infrastructure if, for example, we double or triple the prison population? how do we fund the court system that would face a deluge of constant appeals and parole hearings? how do we pay for more corrections officers? food service?

I'm going way out on a limb here and saying that you really haven't thought this through, beyond the Fox News headline you're probably parroting.
There is no shortage of government programs and excesses I would eliminate that would more than make up for the proper punishment of crime and the removal of criminals from society. I'd also dispute your construct of cost related to constant appeals and parole hearings.......especially when nobody gets early parole under my system. Also, when all first degree murderers get the death penalty swiftly housing them isn't an issue.

PS: Why do you want criminals out on the street?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
There is no shortage of government programs and excesses I would eliminate that would more than make up for the proper punishment of crime and the removal of criminals from society. I'd also dispute your construct of cost related to constant appeals and parole hearings.......especially when nobody gets early parole under my system. Also, when all first degree murderers get the death penalty swiftly housing them isn't an issue.

PS: Why do you want criminals out on the street?

It's too bad that the people who know how to solve all the world's problems are driving cabs and selling printer ink.

• Haha
Reactions: need 4 speed

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
It's too bad that the people who know how to solve all the world's problems are driving cabs and selling printer ink.
Cause last place surf coaches and school teachers are so much smarter. By the way, when you were stalking my movements at that surf contest, did you happen to look at the scoreboard and also if you had an ounce of class you would have offered some congratulations. :nana:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Cause last place surf coaches and school teachers are so much smarter. By the way, when you were stalking my movements at that surf contest, did you happen to look at the scoreboard and also if you had an ounce of class you would have offered some congratulations. :nana:
we weren't last place, we were 7th.

but at least my team doesn't try to start sh!t with the winning team just because they're losing.

that 2nd place team were showing some poor sportsmanship if you ask me.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
we weren't last place, we were 7th.

but at least my team doesn't try to start sh!t with the winning team just because they're losing.

that 2nd place team were showing some poor sportsmanship if you ask me.
No idea what you're talking about there on the day of the event this year. I can tell you that there is no shortage of back and forth from both sides between those two teams that has gone on for many years and now largely takes place via Instagram accounts. In the past I'm well aware of elbows and punches thrown in the water, blatant interferences and other things of varying degrees of juvenile behavior back and forth that has gone on since well before my kids were involved.

wanting the government to kill people for no reason.
No reason???? To me, punishing a murderer or multi-murderer constitutes quite a good reason.

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Raising kids without stable families, teaching them that everyone gets a trophy, that equity is more important than merit as well as greater lack of socialization and mental health resources are longer term answers to where we are now.
You need to address the cause not the symptom