Another day, another (Walmart) mass-shooting.....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
RINO district attorney? You would have to prove that letting criminals walk is a mainstream conservative construct, and you can't do that.

The current El Paso County District Attorney is Republican Paul J. Allen. He took office in January of 2021. Clearly, the liberal won.

https://krdo.com/news/2020/06/15/the-race-for-4th-judicial-district-attorney-michael-allen-vs-mark-waller/
squidliar needs to make stuff up about rhinoceroses because he feels a strange compulsion to defend the shooter at the gay club and wants to blame Democrats

that's a rational motive!

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Yeah that’s true! He was only charged with 5 felony counts afterwards but none were for having an actual bomb. So it’s totally understandable how he could purchase guns afterwards in liberal, er wait, conservative Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs has local gun laws that would've prevented the purchase by the fake bomber?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Colorado Springs has local gun laws that would've prevented the purchase by the fake bomber?
No idea. Gun laws are usually state level. I’d bet a 5-time felon couldn’t easily get a gun though we’re he not currently behind bars.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Yes. CS has a red flag law. Obviously it was unenforced

The law, passed in 2019, allows a person’s relatives or law enforcement officers to ask a court to make the person relinquish their guns if the person is deemed to be dangerous. But as Mr. Sullivan’s state reels this week from another mass shooting — this time at an L.G.B.T.Q. nightclub in Colorado Springs, where five people were killed and 18 more injured — a key limitation of red-flag laws has once again become clear: In order for them to work, they have to be used.
Could Colorado’s Red-Flag Law Have Prevented the Club Q Shooting? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

More gun laws, stricter gun laws, none of that will help when the laws aren't enforced. And we have definitely seen over and over again that existing gun laws are enforced in a lackluster fashion. Seems like simply enforcing existing laws would be a good start?

Last edited:
Reactions: schex

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I don’t have to prove anything lol. The DA is a Republican. The prior DA was a Republican. A kid who said he had a bomb was not charged and then shot up a bar. That’s the facts, Jack.

Said the perennial leftist who's billionaire accomplices George Soros and Bankman--Fried are funding RINO campaigns all over America.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Said the perennial leftist who's billionaire accomplices George Soros and Bankman--Fried are funding RINO campaigns all over America.
Haha, you know it’s getting tough when even republicans are too liberal for you!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Yes. CS has a red flag law. Obviously it was unenforced

Could Colorado’s Red-Flag Law Have Prevented the Club Q Shooting? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

More gun laws, stricter gun laws, none of that will help when the laws aren't enforced. And we have definitely seen over and over again that existing gun laws are enforced in a lackluster fashion. Seems like simply enforcing existing laws would be a good start?
If by unenforced you mean his family and the Republican law enforcement cabal didn’t try to preemptively strip him of his 2nd Amendment rights, then yes!

PS, it’s a Colorado law, not a Colorado Springs law. Cities don’t tend to make lots of gun laws.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Reactions: CutnSnip

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
He wasn’t charged. By the Republican DA.

But to be clear, you’re upset nobody preemptively took his guns?

Absolutely. No laws=anarchy ......you know, like the leftist Portland autonomous zone with three un-prosecuted murders.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Absolutely. No laws=anarchy ......you know, like the leftist Portland autonomous zone with three un-prosecuted murders.
Yet this occurred in Colorado Springs.

Why didn’t the Republican DA charge him?

Why didn’t conservative law enforcement move to take his guns?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
If by unenforced you mean his family and the Republican law enforcement cabal didn’t try to preemptively strip him of his 2nd Amendment rights, then yes!

PS, it’s a Colorado law, not a Colorado Springs law. Cities don’t tend to make lots of gun laws.
Yes Stu. :rolleyes: Lance posed a question re whether "Colorado Springs" (his words) had a red flag law.

I answered in the affirmative, "Yes. CS has a red flag law." It's in Colorado. I understand the concept. From my post, "Could Colorado's Red-Flag Law..." -Sharkey

Relax.

How many times have we had some kind of a mass shooting wherein the shooter shouldn't have had access to guns? Seems like quite a few does it not? Over and over again existing gun laws aren't enforced.
  • Aldrich was previously charged with felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping after allegedly making a bomb threat. Charges were dropped and his record was sealed. Not sure why the records were sealed or why charges were dropped, perhaps that was where the mistake was made. I'm all in favor of stripping 2nd amendment rights from people threatening violence. When they have to send a SWAT team to your house, that should be some kind of a warning sign don't you think?
PS - according to your source, it doesn't sound like Colorado is much for enforcing their red flag laws does it?

So far, Colorado authorities have used the law far less often than in other states, according to an Associated Press analysis.
:waving:

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Yes Stu. :rolleyes: Lance posed a question re whether "Colorado Springs" (his words) had a red flag law.

I answered in the affirmative, "Yes. CS has a red flag law." It's in Colorado. I understand the concept. From my post, "Could Colorado's Red-Flag Law..." -Sharkey

Relax.

How many times have we had some kind of a mass shooting wherein the shooter shouldn't have had access to guns? Seems like quite a few does it not? Over and over again existing gun laws aren't enforced.
  • Aldrich was previously charged with felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping after allegedly making a bomb threat. Charges were dropped and his record was sealed. Not sure why the records were sealed or why charges were dropped, perhaps that was where the mistake was made. I'm all in favor of stripping 2nd amendment rights from people threatening violence. When they have to send a SWAT team to your house, that should be some kind of a warning sign don't you think?
PS - according to your source, it doesn't sound like Colorado is much for enforcing their red flag laws does it?

:waving:
Maybe that’s why they keep having mass shooters.

I’m with you. But then again, the 2nd Amendment guys remind us that “shall not be infringed” is unambiguous, so why would anyone tolerate red flag laws?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Why did leftist Republican Lisa Murkowski win in Alaska?

Answer: Because leftist Bankman-Fried helped bankroll her campaign.
Lol. Or Alaskan republicans liked her. I mean, Trump endorsed Palin and look how that ended up. Maybe crazy election denying MAGA isn’t what the Republicans are all about?

That said, this has nothing to do with why the Republicans in Colorado Springs allowed a clearly disturbed man shoot up a bar.