guns are cool! Make sure you and your kids have plenty

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

Ethan Crumbley, 16, is accused of opening fire at Oxford High School outside Detroit on Nov. 30 with a semi-automatic handgun that his father purchased for him as a Christmas gift days before the massacre.

• Love
Reactions: Northern_Shores

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Now do Fentanyl!
I don't do fentanyl. What's it like?

"Crumbley's parents, James and Jennifer Crumbley, also face involuntary manslaughter charges connected to the shooting. In that case, Rochester District Court Judge Julie Nicholson said evidence showed they had purchased a gun for their son despite signs that he was a "troubled young man."
The case appears to be the first in the United States in which the parents of a teenage school shooter have been charged with crimes attributed to their child. They have pleaded not guilty." Republicans? Probably

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
"Crumbley signs the open letter "A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy."

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Growing up in the 70s and 80s and prior teens had more access to firearms than kids of today yet these shootings weren't happening. What changed?
higher capacity weapons more easily available. Hundreds of millions of semiautomatic firearms flooding the country since then. An absolutely gargantuan business with millions of these firearms making their way to cartels in Mexico and criminals all over Central and South America. Billions in profits to gun makers, who fund gun friendly politicians.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
higher capacity weapons more easily available. Hundreds of millions of semiautomatic firearms flooding the country since then. An absolutely gargantuan business with millions of these firearms making their way to cartels in Mexico and criminals all over Central and South America. Billions in profits to gun makers, who fund gun friendly politicians.
Nice try. Lets assume capacity were true, why weren't there a constant stream of pump shotgun shootings and lever action 30/30 shootings in schools in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Nice try. Lets assume capacity were true, why weren't there a constant stream of pump shotgun shootings and lever action 30/30 shootings in schools in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s?
I don't know. I do know that any dipstick can murder dozens of people with a USA legal semiautomatic firearm in a minute, and there are hundreds of millions of those firearms spread throughout our country.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
I don't know. I do know that any dipstick can murder dozens of people with a USA legal semiautomatic firearm in a minute, and there are hundreds of millions of those firearms spread throughout our country.
What happened to the human condition that suddenly in the past 30 years we have a generation of young people wanting to kill other young people by the dozens? If you can't answer this you have no hope of stopping it.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Growing up in the 70s and 80s and prior teens had more access to firearms than kids of today yet these shootings weren't happening. What changed?
You grew up. (Kinda...Bees were bigger back then too.)

The first documented school shooting occurred in 1840. By the year 1900 they were more than one a year. There were 32 school shootings during the 70’s. And 41 in the 80’s. There have always been school shootings.

But what we didn’t have then was a news media that celebrated shootings and turned the shooters into media celebrities.

We also didn’t have “Gun free zones” where shooters are guaranteed a rich selection of targets, with almost no risk to themselves.

• Love
Reactions: schex and Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
The first documented school shooting occurred in 1840. By the year 1900 they were more than one a year. There were 32 school shootings during the 70’s. And 41 in the 80’s. There have always been school shootings.
Link?
But what we didn’t have then was a news media that celebrated shootings and turned the shooters into media celebrities.
You're heading in the right direction with this point.
We also didn’t have “Gun free zones” where shooters are guaranteed a rich selection of targets, with almost no risk to themselves.
I agree that this is foolish.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Obviously, it's Joe Biden.

Also, link to "teens had more access to firearms than kids of today?" Given the proliferation in guns over the past few decades, I doubt this is true.

Reactions: Hump

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
My drunk bud in AZ leaves his guns all over. His kid is out of his mind. I stayed with them once on a road trip. Supposed to be for a few days. I left after one.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
What happened to the human condition that suddenly in the past 30 years we have a generation of young people wanting to kill other young people by the dozens? If you can't answer this you have no hope of stopping it.
Cant both be true?
Cultural changes making acts of mass shootings more prevalant
and
Ease of access of high capacity semi autos

both contribute to the problem. As with most things, there are multiple factors at play.