Never forget…

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Because it worked.

Covid response was a massive clusterfuck.

China fucked it up.

The who fucked it up.

Trump fucked it up.

The CDC fucked it up

The states fucked it up.

My only disagreement was that there was under reaction as well as over reaction.
Trump failed to generate a national response. So one state had one set of rules and its neighboring state another. Truckers and travelers crossing borders negated any local effort

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Trump failed to generate a national response. So one state had one set of rules and its neighboring state another. Truckers and travelers crossing borders negated any local effort
Yeah, but Gavin ate at an expensive restaurant!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I guess they closed the sliders because they were making too much noise.

But it's also a separate room

I think it was dumb but it's also a weak gotcha.

At this point it about stoking your own grievance impulse.

I never knew people were so into venting their grievances over the trivial.
Newsom closed state beaches. He declared it so and it happened. It’s not a “gotcha”. It’s an example of the lie we were told.

I’ll say this again because I think you missed it the first time…

…the people who knew the most, had the most information about covid, were not following the rules, guidelines, protocols they commanded for everyone else.

They. Weren’t. Afraid.

But they used fear to exert power.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
And put his kids in a private school while keeping public schools closed.

He knew his kids would be fine.
That is not exactly right.

Schools had to meet a certain criteria.

Some public schools did and chose to keep remote.

Though the kids weren't at risk, lots of teachers were sick. My sisters school couldn't staff the classes or get subs.

Not all counties that meet the state requirements to open schools are doing so as the state allows counties to move at their own pace. San Francisco, for example, is in the least-restrictive yellow tier, and while the city has given 82 private schools permission to open campuses, public ones remain closed with no plans for reopening before year's end.

Last edited:
Reactions: need 4 speed

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Newsom closed state beaches. He declared it so and it happened. It’s not a “gotcha”. It’s an example of the lie we were told.

I’ll say this again because I think you missed it the first time…

…the people who knew the most, had the most information about covid, were not following the rules, guidelines, protocols they commanded for everyone else.

They. Weren’t. Afraid.

But they used fear to exert power.
stop being so dramatic.

I'm more concerned about the failure to prepare for the next pandemic.

But yeah, Gavin, Whaaaa!

Reactions: need 4 speed

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Remember how all the Karens screeched how the restrictions would never end?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
  • An average of 153 cases per day were reported in Hawaii in the last week. Cases have decreased by 15 percent from the average two weeks ago. Deaths have decreased by 30 percent.
  • Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 1 in 4 residents have been infected, a total of 347,333 reported cases. At least 1 in 841 residents have died from the coronavirus, a total of 1,683 deaths.
  • January 2022 was the month with the highest average cases, while September 2021 was the month with the highest average deaths in Hawaii.
  • https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/hawaii-covid-cases.html

• An average of 486 cases per day were reported in Arizona in the last week. Cases have decreased by 44 percent from the average two weeks ago. Deaths have decreased by 46 percent.
  • Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 1 in 3 residents have been infected, a total of 2,271,560 reported cases. At least 1 in 232 residents have died from the coronavirus, a total of 31,370 deaths.
  • January 2022 was the month with the highest average cases, while January 2021 was the month with the highest average deaths in Arizona.

• An average of 116 cases per day were reported in Alaska in the last week. Cases have decreased by 46 percent from the average two weeks ago. Deaths have decreased by 100 percent.
  • Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 1 in 2 residents have been infected, a total of 304,369 reported cases. At least 1 in 554 residents have died from the coronavirus, a total of 1,321 deaths.
  • January 2022 was the month with the highest average cases, while November 2021 was the month with the highest average deaths in Alaska.
  • https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/alaska-covid-cases.html
Hawaii, which tried hard to limit the outbreak, succeeded. Alaska, which could have easily limited the outbreak, didn't, because they're Qish.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
1664807748561.png

"WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE WITH THE UNVACCINATED!" they shrieked as they burned through the remaining social capital. Next time ima be like
1664807843414.png

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink