The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Jul 4, 2006
New England
This is a cool thread. I skimmed most of it (just joined the Forum) and thought I'd ask:

Anybody try on a Feral in sizes Medium and/or Medium Tall? How would they compare to O'neill? I want to order one and get the size right. I've already tried on a Large, and it was too loose.

I wear a Medium in O'neill. The only issue is the arms/legs are almost always a little short (except for my last Psycho Tech for some reason; it was a bit longer). I'm 172 lbs and a hair over 5'11".

If anybody has info on how Isurus fits in the sizes above, that would be great too. Thanks
I'm 5'9" 160-165 and I've been wearing feral mediums and would say thile fit is nearly perfect. Im good in a medium xcel as well but need a medium short billabong/needs. Never tried an oniell suit, but have been very happy with my feral suits.

Reactions: ReForest
Sep 26, 2022
I'm 5'9" 160-165 and I've been wearing feral mediums and would say thile fit is nearly perfect. Im good in a medium xcel as well but need a medium short billabong/needs. Never tried an oniell suit, but have been very happy with my feral suits.
Thanks for the input. Is it a bit on the longer side for you? You seem to be on the lower end of what the size chart says. I'm just wondering if it would be long enough for me. I'm 5'11" but I have longer limbs in relation to my torso.

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
Thanks for the input. Is it a bit on the longer side for you? You seem to be on the lower end of what the size chart says. I'm just wondering if it would be long enough for me. I'm 5'11" but I have longer limbs in relation to my torso.
I am 5'11", have owned 2 ferals, and would say that the sleeve length is comparable to oneill and longer than xcel.

Jul 4, 2006
New England
No problem. There's probably a little bit of extra room in the legs length wise, maybe an extra inch or so. Arms maybe room for an extra half inch of length. The suit is a denser rubber than most of the standard (billabong/xcel/vissla/etc.) neoprene, so I feel like it hides its excess better, compared to the non-yamamoto neoprene brands seeming to feel thinner (and more likley to bunch or roll) in recent years. MT may be worth it, if you can swing it I'd probably buy a M and MT and send back the one that you didn't like the fit of as much. I don't feel like the suit changed shape/fit after breaking in, so it should be a good indication.

Sep 26, 2022
No problem. There's probably a little bit of extra room in the legs length wise, maybe an extra inch or so. Arms maybe room for an extra half inch of length. The suit is a denser rubber than most of the standard (billabong/xcel/vissla/etc.) neoprene, so I feel like it hides its excess better, compared to the non-yamamoto neoprene brands seeming to feel thinner (and more likley to bunch or roll) in recent years. MT may be worth it, if you can swing it I'd probably buy a M and MT and send back the one that you didn't like the fit of as much. I don't feel like the suit changed shape/fit after breaking in, so it should be a good indication.
Oh cool, thanks. I think I'll just try a Medium then.

Sep 26, 2022
I tried on a MT yesterday. Overall it wasn't super long but it was baggy in the crotch. I guess the "Tall" is just in the torso. Funny, I hear people everywhere saying that these are tight at first. Didn't feel tight to me.

I'm guessing a Medium would feel the same except shorter. Only thing left for me to try....