Woman shoots dog.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Feral dogs that harass livestock are shot all the time in rural areas, agree with the rest and her bragging about it was disgusting.
Sure, but that’s not even close to what happened here. She thought she shot a wolf, and bragged about it on social media. It wasn’t until after people called out her obvious mistake that she fabricated a story about it being aggressive toward her.

the fact that these dogs were dumped, with parvo, is a different issue. But also a high level of fucked as well. Breeder and the dumb sweet and delicious bag of sugar should face repercussions and are dirt bags of human beings.

Reactions: npsp

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
She was going out on a "solo predator hunt".

Why? Do these predators need culled? Why would anyone possibly hunt a black bear or wolves?

I'm just confused. People are gross.

• Dislike
Reactions: PRCD

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
She was going out on a "solo predator hunt".

Why? Do these predators need culled? Why would anyone possibly hunt a black bear or wolves?

I'm just confused. People are gross.
Seriously, what am I missing about this situation? Why is it not gross?
Not trolling. Honest question and I'm open to listen.

Reactions: crustBrother

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Seriously, what am I missing about this situation? Why is it not gross?
Not trolling. Honest question and I'm open to listen.
Some hick in BFE wants their land zoned as ranch for tax purposes and they'd have to buy a new sheep if one got chewed up.

If you were a rugged individualist who can't tell a wolf from a husky and you Adriano claimed it on social media as hard as possible, you'd understand.

Absolutely incorrect.

if you can’t ID between a domestic dog and a wolf you have no right wolf hunting let alone hunting at all. This is an inexcusable mistake.
If a dog with parvovirus was charging her she made the right decision to shoot it.

The decision to skin it and claim wolf pup all over social media is peak potato. Mount Potatolympus.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
If a dog with parvovirus was charging her she made the right decision to shoot it.
sure. But that’s not what her intention was nor is it what happened, aside from the parvo. And she didn’t know that, she thought she was shooting a wolf :roflmao:

i have nothing against predator hunting. It has a place in game management for conservation and economic reasons

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
sure. But that’s not what her intention was nor is it what happened, aside from the parvo.

i have nothing against predator hunting. It has a place in game management for conservation and economic reasons
Oh come on. She totally didn't come up with being charged by the wolf pup dog after the fact. This is a born-n-raised outdoorswoman savvy in the ways of woodcraft and animal identification.

I am not sure about Florida's black bear hunt. Sounds dodgy. The gator hunt I am cool with. Ditto deer, especially where there aren't any wolves.

I am not so sure about wolf hunts in the Northern Rockies. Are we sure the resurgent elk aren't eating all the Aspen saplings? Is some Bundy losing an animal or three each year worth less than having wolves?

Reactions: Boneroni

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Oh come on. She totally didn't come up with being charged by the wolf pup dog after the fact. This is a born-n-raised outdoorswoman savvy in the ways of woodcraft and animal identification.

I am not sure about Florida's black bear hunt. Sounds dodgy. The gator hunt I am cool with. Ditto deer, especially where there aren't any wolves.

I am not so sure about wolf hunts in the Northern Rockies. Are we sure the resurgent elk aren't eating all the Aspen saplings? Is some Bundy losing an animal or three each year worth less than having wolves?
What’s up with the FL bear hunt?

the biggest contributor to conservation is hunting. those tags, licenses, ammo, guns and conservation groups all put in more money to protect species like bear, wolf, deer, grouse, etc. Hunters and their conservation groups have a much stronger backbone and pull than fuck all surf rider and do a much better job at preservation of land for habitat and multi use. If a game population is healthy and managed then I don’t see a problem with it.

wolf hunting is probably one of the highest managed game species and regulated. We’re not at risk to lose them. In fact because of how we sculpt the land with building, fences, roads etc we create these unnatural boundaries and often isolate populations. This will put things out of wack and too much pressure on other animals or livestock.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why is killing a wild dog bad but killing a wolf is ok?
Thinking a released dog is a wolf rightfully gets one clowned on social media in a place like Montana, especially if you're posing with your trophy all over fakebook.

Killing a dog that attacks you is okay. A licensed hunter killing a wolf in season/appropriate area etc is okay.

Releasing pets into Flathead National Forest not okay.

What’s up with the FL bear hunt?

the biggest contributor to conservation is hunting. those tags, licenses, ammo, guns and conservation groups all put in more money to protect species like bear, wolf, deer, grouse, etc. Hunters and their conservation groups have a much stronger backbone and pull than fook all surf rider and do a much better job at preservation of land for habitat and multi use. If a game population is healthy and managed then I don’t see a problem with it.

wolf hunting is probably one of the highest managed game species and regulated. We’re not at risk to lose them. In fact because of how we sculpt the land with building, fences, roads etc we create these unnatural boundaries and often isolate populations. This will put things out of wack and too much pressure on other animals or livestock.
I agree about habitat preservation. I'm critical of people unqualified to identify animals and shoot them (including myself in Montana), and (some) ranchers/ranching practices, not hunting in general.

There is a quota bear hunt in Florida. I am not really sure about the Black Bear population and how many years it winds up happening. I think some people think bears are fuzzy and cute and some people think they're killing machines and some people are in between. I'm not sure how sorry I feel for rural poachers baiting deer or careless tools with trash-strewn property having the occasional bear.

Eight bear encounters since 2016 requiring medical attention isn't grounds for a bear holocaust. Probably grounds for people not being morons in the woods though.