*** Official Fin Thread ***

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Haha. I dunno man, TA doesn’t exactly seem like a marketing snake-oil salesman kinda brand IMHO. That amount of flex clearly does… something, to how the fin reacts to the water. The resulting effect may not be for you, or everyone, but people have been using the greenough power blade single fin for years and seem to like it. It’s been much discussed here in the past (along with the tomo hatchet fins). Never tried one myself but would be curious. I found the “spring” on the krypt hatchets (tri or quad) too unpredictable to spend much time messing around with different setups.

Flex absolutely impacts the performance of the fin. No question.

How it works within a fin cluster.... Probably less so

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
Haha. I dunno man, TA doesn’t exactly seem like a marketing snake-oil salesman kinda brand IMHO. That amount of flex clearly does… something, to how the fin reacts to the water. The resulting effect may not be for you, or everyone, but people have been using the greenough power blade single fin for years and seem to like it. It’s been much discussed here in the past (along with the tomo hatchet fins). Never tried one myself but would be curious. I found the “spring” on the krypt hatchets (tri or quad) too unpredictable to spend much time messing around with different setups.
I don't disagree. I might be missing out on something, but ill take predictable.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I have a board coming and need future fins. Have only used FCS. Board is a groveler 6'0, 22, 2.7. Any recommendations?

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
It's a Marbella. I forget the model. Evolver??? Not as fat as my puddlefish. I don't even know what kind of fins are in it. Get back to u tomorrow.

LoganV

OTF status
Sep 29, 2010
The large FCS2 MF fins have become my go to fin for medium to large waves. As i also have Futures boards i'm looking
for the closest Futures equivalent. Any ideas? I already have large AMs, which used to be my go to fin.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
:unsure: Design talk on the funky-finned Osprey Speed Demon:

• Wow
Reactions: MathDebater

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
:unsure:Design talk on the funky-finned Osprey Speed Demon:
My take aways, which make me feel this video is not really about surfboards:
”hot dogging“
”how it felt from the tip”
”Whip one out”
”Trim Zone”

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Yeah, what a trip. I thought Osprey was a erBB fave but this seems pretty out there tho...

I've never ridden one but I've seen people do some pretty cool things on them. Granted, it was only in small, lined up, pointbreaks and really good surfers.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
picked up a used 6'0 Mandala Oracle twin this week. It has fcs fusion plugs, I have none of those twin tab fins anymore. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, I reached out to Manny and met him the next day at the Dark Arts factory to buy his own foiled twin fins. He said they're a little on the smaller side because he found the channels add some edge/hold. I seem to prefer relatively smaller twins anyway.
Nice guy and got to chat about my custom delta-v superchunk order in DA and we locked in dims.
#finsmadefortheboar
:shaka:
IMG_3750.jpegIMG_3748.jpeg