*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
It’s so much more fun to play the victim.
total mischaracterization

i have simply made the point that there are some totally dumb mandates and that those mandates are damaging people. myself included.

its a fair point, but a point that you feel compelled to debate (albeit poorly)

Last edited:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The majority of the time I read a straw man accusation on the erBB the accusation is in fact being utilized as a straw man?

:dancing:

Reactions: kidfury

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
they said that mandating a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for people who have already recovered from the disease is indeed dumb as a bag of hammers but policy is driven by politics, perception of brand, and consensus of large numbers of dumb lemmings

they were also hopeful that the policy would change soon as public opinion is shifting

i share their optimism, but obviously there are still folks like yourself and @StuAzole who are pretty attached to the dumb mandates many of us are resisting and i think there are *lots* of folks who share your perspective, so we're still not there yet
Why are you saying I'm attached to mandates?

Because I think you are acting like a child?

How old are you?

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I was mandated to receive immunizations that I would have freely and gladly accepted anyway because I'm not a total moron

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
they said that mandating a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for people who have already recovered from the disease is indeed dumb as a bag of hammers but policy is driven by politics, perception of brand, and consensus of large numbers of dumb lemmings
Let's go back to pertussis since it's less emotional than COVID.

Whooping cough isn't really even that dangerous to adults, but it kills babies dead quickly. It's also a virus that you can catch multiple times. Kids, including kids going to college, have always been required to get vaccinated for this, whether or not they've had the virus previously. The adult vaccination schedule calls for 10-year boosters, again whether you've had the virus previously or not.

What about this objectionable?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Let's go back to pertussis since it's less emotional than COVID.

Whooping cough isn't really even that dangerous to adults, but it kills babies dead quickly. It's also a virus that you can catch multiple times. Kids, including kids going to college, have always been required to get vaccinated for this, whether or not they've had the virus previously. The adult vaccination schedule calls for 10-year boosters, again whether you've had the virus previously or not.

What about this objectionable?
the part where the jab is mandated whether it is needed or not

a titer test showing sufficient pertussis antibodies accomplishes the same or better than proof of vaccination

but the pertussis vax analogy has a big problem. there is a ton of long term safety data on the whooping cough vax. not so for covid vax.

(ps - my employer mandated proof of vax for varicella and mmr about 5 years ago. i got titre tests for both. my varicella antibody levels were 10 times minimum immunity level because although i was never vaccinated for it i actually had chickenpox 50 years ago. my mmr was a little bit low on one of the three, so i boosted. hr bitched about accepting the varicella titre test in lieu of proof of varicella vax, but legal stepped in and said "don't be fucking dumb, hr")

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

a titer test showing sufficient pertussis antibodies accomplishes the same or better than proof of vaccination

but the pertussis vax analogy has a big problem. there is a ton of long term safety data on the whooping cough vax. not so for covid vax.

(ps - my employer mandated proof of vax for varicella and mmr about 5 years ago. i got titre tests for both. my varicella antibody levels were 10 times minimum immunity level because although i was never vaccinated for it i actually had chickenpox 50 years ago. my mmr was a little bit low on one of the three, so i boosted. hr bitched about accepting the varicella titre test in lieu of proof of varicella vax, but legal stepped in and said "don't be fucking dumb, hr")
You're mixing issues. I'm not talking about your boogyman "long terms safety" thing. The vaccines - mRNA and standard - are FDA approved using technology that has been studied for decades. Despite this being thrown around all the time, I've never seen anyone reference a single specific possible long term threat from the vaccine.

You seem to be suggesting that getting COVID gives you better and longer immunity than a vaccine? I don't think that's ever been shown?

But let's say you're right. How long do you suggest that immunity lasts? Are you immune forever? What about variants? Do you have studies showing that having COVID 2 years ago is better protection today than the latest booster today? I don't think you do.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
You're mixing issues. I'm not talking about your boogyman "long terms safety" thing. The vaccines - mRNA and standard - are FDA approved using technology that has been studied for decades. Despite this being thrown around all the time, I've never seen anyone reference a single specific possible long term threat from the vaccine.

You seem to be suggesting that getting COVID gives you better and longer immunity than a vaccine? I don't think that's ever been shown?

But let's say you're right. How long do you suggest that immunity lasts? Are you immune forever? What about variants? Do you have studies showing that having COVID 2 years ago is better protection today than the latest booster today? I don't think you do.
all of these points are good things to consider when you decide whether or not to get the covid jab

none of them justify mandating it

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

If you had chickenpox as a kid and have not been jabbed with the shingles vax as an adult, you are playing with fire. Shingles at minimum hurts like hell and makes you feel like sh!t, but it can and often does permanently change your life in a bad way.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
If you had chickenpox as a kid and have not been jabbed with the shingles tax as an adult, you are playing with fire. Shingles at minimum hurts like hell and makes you feel like sh!t, but it can and often does permanently change your life in a bad way.
Crusty has natural immunity!

• Dislike
Reactions: crustBrother

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
If you had chickenpox as a kid and have not been jabbed with the shingles tax as an adult, you are playing with fire. Shingles at minimum hurts like hell and makes you feel like sh!t, but it can and often does permanently change your life in a bad way.
yeah, getting the shingles jab has definitely been on my mind for a while now

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Here's a list of colleges mandating COVID vaccines. THe UC mandates the mouse shots (bivalent). CSU requires the previous series + boosters. I expect they'll mandate the mouse shots soon.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Here's a list of colleges mandating COVID vaccines. THe UC mandates the mouse shots (bivalent). CSU requires the previous series + boosters. I expect they'll mandate the mouse shots soon.
that's a long list

so there's a *lot* of kids who are:

1. at essentially zero risk of any serious outcome from covid because of their age
2. mandated to get a covid vaccine for which there is no long term safety data
3. mandated to get a covid vaccine for a variant they have already been infected with and recovered from
4. complying with said mandate in order to have the opportunity to:

1. acquire large debt that cannot be discharged via bankruptcy
2. earn a degree that has essentially zero market value

that is so dumb i really just have to laugh

i think my most valuable asset these days might my extremely dark sense of humor

:roflmao:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot