What's so bad about the "Progressive Agenda"?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There is a huge labour shortage now.
That is where the inequality lies. Ugly, stupid lazy people are fucked.

They should have programs for those loosers
I think you solved your own dilemma. Less need for imported labor, less idleness, less troublemaking, and they will be too tired at the end of the day to fly MAGA flags, loot stores, and shoot fentanyl.

Learn to code? :roflmao:

This is the speech that Hillary should have given a LONG time ago.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
And one of the main variables is poverty.
1 1663948326280.png

2 proof

1663948397450.png

3 Yes, this is a bit of mordant humor in the form of a cherry picked data point to back up a lapel badge.

PS

What you want is to be smart, good looking, and industrious.

That is where the inequality lies. Ugly, stupid lazy people are fucked.
This is how I faked my way into competence: decent personal hygiene/morning shave, show up on time, forced myself to be taller than the average male by hanging upside down like a bat while drinking milk in a dark closet....that last part works, doesn't it, or was that just some stupid thing kids told each other in the 70s?

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Sure. Doesn’t change my original point- that poverty is not the main driver.
You said yourself that those without significant mental illness respond well to assistance and you appear to completely ignore the correlation between poverty and mental illness.

Are you sure that you’re a scientist?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You said yourself that those without significant mental illness respond well to assistance and you appear to completely ignore the correlation between poverty and mental illness.
Your link doesn't even show the full article. There is no r-value for the correlation between income or poverty and mental illness. There is also no graph showing the relative numbers/percentages of people with mental illness by income class. There are basically no numbers, which basically makes your link useless for the purpose of what you are trying to argue.

Beyond that, even if we assume that there is a correlation, it is still a fallacy to assume that if mental illness is correlated with homelessness and poverty is correlated with mental illness, that therefore poverty is correlated with homelessness. That's not how correlations work.

Are you sure that you’re a scientist?
According to my paycheck, MS degree, and thesis that has been cited at least 10 times in other academic articles and downloaded thousands of times? Yes, I'm pretty sure I can make that case :poke:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Your link doesn't even show the full article. There is no r-value for the correlation between income or poverty and mental illness. There is also no graph showing the relative numbers/percentages of people with mental illness by income class. There are basically no numbers, which basically makes your link useless for the purpose of what you are trying to argue.

Beyond that, even if we assume that there is a correlation, it is still a fallacy to assume that if mental illness is correlated with homelessness and poverty is correlated with mental illness, that therefore poverty is correlated with homelessness. That's not how correlations work.

According to my paycheck, MS degree, and thesis that has been cited at least 10 times in other academic articles and downloaded thousands of times? Yes, I'm pretty sure I can make that case :poke:
Poverty and homelessness do correlate, numbnuts.

• Haha

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Changing Homelessness has decided against mobilizing volunteers to conduct a 2022 count of unsheltered homeless people in Duval, Clay and Nassau counties.
Staffers also conducted socially distanced surveys at "known locations" of homeless people in downtown Jacksonville, as well as the Sulzbacher center's Urban Rest Stop and Mission House in Jacksonville Beach.
I don't think anyone's numbers are actually going down now that evictions are back in full swing - a necessary return to normalcy that will affect basically all jurisdictions, Democrat or Republican, and I don't think being short 150-200 volunteers and only sending employees to a couple parks in downtown and the shelters is going to produce an accurate number.

I could walk around Jax Beach showing homeless people to townies all day long. Most people who don't live/lurk in a neighborhood aren't going to be nearly as savvy at spotting the homeless as a local. You'll see the people "sunbathing" with all their sh!t in public areas, but if you're not looking in doglegged alleys, under the boardwalk, preserves adjacent to parks, and at the right time of day, you'll never notice. Even in my neighborhood, within A1A/Florida Blvd/Beach Blvd/Penman Rd, people who live a dozen blocks away can tell you what the daily migration is like. Up to the parks on the beach to sleep and have access to showers, west to a park a little inland for the night.

It's like if someone who has never seen a lobster before is snorkelling over a reef, they might think it's dead. Make them dive down and shine a dive light under a ledge, and that sh!t is thick with bugs.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Nobody said that poverty isn't a factor . . . . It's simply not the driving factor.

You are really struggling here.
According to the National Alliance to End Homelessness, Schizophrenia affects a little more than 1 percent of the U.S. population, but it’s much more prevalent among homeless persons. Estimates are wide-ranging, but some go as high as 20 percent of the homeless population.

According to the National Library of Medicine, credible estimates of the prevalence of alcohol and drug abuse suggest that alcohol abuse affects 30% to 40% and drug abuse 10% to 15% of homeless persons.

So roughly half could be attributed to schizophrenia and substance abuse.

Also, we need to take into account the correlation between poverty and substance abuse.

Conclusion: you're a fucking idiot.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
According to the National Alliance to End Homelessness, Schizophrenia affects a little more than 1 percent of the U.S. population, but it’s much more prevalent among homeless persons. Estimates are wide-ranging, but some go as high as 20 percent of the homeless population.

According to the National Library of Medicine, credible estimates of the prevalence of alcohol and drug abuse suggest that alcohol abuse affects 30% to 40% and drug abuse 10% to 15% of homeless persons.

So roughly half could be attributed to schizophrenia and substance abuse.

Also, we need to take into account the correlation between poverty and substance abuse.

Conclusion: you're a fucking idiot.
Roughly half at the low end of the estimate . . . Up to 75% with the high range of numbers added together.

Idiot :poke: :roflmao:

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

MS... W?

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
What about the fifty something dolts that pursued meaningful careers in public service (like social program) for relatively low wages. Or are you dolt enough to assume that meaningful social programs pay well?
Social workers are generally public employees that have a very good benefit and retirement package. Those that choose to go into the field of social work know well in advance that it is not the highest paying career choice. The fact that some decide to go into deep debt to pursue a career in social work knowing this, well, that decision is on them and no one else.

I'll add that the pay for social workers should be increased to attracted greater talent to the field. A lot of the $$$ that flows to the trough feeding the HIC needs to be redirected towards higher salaries for the people that really do the heavy lifting.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
"My issue with liberals and progressives is that they are ruled by a cornucopia of special interest groups and grifters. That can be said about conservatives too."

um, ok
Meaning I have issues with both sides. The current environment is dominated by the extreme 10% from both sides. It is a really crazy time. It's all me me me and not what is best for everyone. This is a result of the "cornucopia of special interest groups and grifters" that dominate politics and widen the divide between the two parties..
Personally, I lean conservative on somethings and liberal on others and don't GAF about some too. If it makes good sense to me I vote for it. If it doesn't I don't. I have zero political party loyalty. In my mind, that is how it should be for everyone.