September of 2022: What's your favorite board right now?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Shshsshshs I'm intrigued at how different it appears than a stock pod mod. what's going on with that?
Super custom.... so much narrower than a Pod Mod of equal height, squash tail instead of a round tail, but beyond that just the stock outline No bump/wing/hip to speak of. They added my favorite 6 channel design with a single/double/vee bottom.

Was going back and forth between this and a modified Wizard Sleeve. Chose this for less rocker in the middle, but equal nose rocker. It also has less volume than an equally dimensioned WS - the WS has a much wider nose, so I think that's part of it.

Overall, I love this as an all around board. I also dig the look of the nose, actually. Not round but certainly not pointy.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Super custom.... so much narrower than a Pod Mod of equal height, squash tail instead of a round tail, but beyond that just the stock outline No bump/wing/hip to speak of. They added my favorite 6 channel design with a single/double/vee bottom.

Was going back and forth between this and a modified Wizard Sleeve. Chose this for less rocker in the middle, but equal nose rocker. It also has less volume than an equally dimensioned WS - the WS has a much wider nose, so I think that's part of it.

Overall, I love this as an all around board. I also dig the look of the nose, actually. Not round but certainly not pointy.
I’m still confused on this volume issue. I have a WS 5’8 x 19 1/2 x 2 3/8 (1/2 wider than the dims you say your board is) and the volume comes in at 29.6L (yes, I can ride it).

You’re saying that your board has less volume but your posting higher volume than my 1/2 inch wider WS, which it does if you punch those dims on the CI website but that doesn’t match what you say yours is.

Did you mis-type your dims?

:shrug:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
The RNF96 has been my quiver killer this summer… ridden it plenty at home in SD, in Baja, and on a trip to El Salvador. Width in the nose catches most everything, nose rocker enough not to dig, and tail “shortboardy” enough to have performance when it needs to. Rocking the Aipa twins plus trailer. Sadly, I’m starting to feel slightly too heavy for this iteration, which means I need to either drop some lbs or wait for a Lost custom, neither of which feel particularly appealing to me right now
View attachment 138265
please let me know when you sell it to me