Is the East Coast about to score?

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
More tubes for dawn patrol at another bar. A beautiful sunrise with glowing clouds over the Gulf Stream and loads of fish popping in the surf zone. Long glassy rights and a handful of sneaker lefts. The consistency dropped with the falling tide but it stayed fun until about 8am or so.

87D55E54-CCEE-4B02-B637-D828953EC3E2.jpeg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You love torturing us when you surf that spot . I would do the same. A tip of the cap sir

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Funny how the older I get the more appealing the math of oneworlded's setup becomes. Wave like malibu that probably only breaks a few times a year but is absolutely empty sounds appealing. Maybe I could start painting watercolors of birds on the down days. Absolutely civilized....

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Funny how the older I get the more appealing the math of oneworlded's setup becomes. Wave like malibu that probably only breaks a few times a year but is absolutely empty sounds appealing. Maybe I could start painting watercolors of birds on the down days. Absolutely civilized....
I put this in the Rodanthe post as well, but today at that spot looked like Indonesia or maybe Bruce's Beauties.. A few waves pushing DOH. Maybe 10 of us out spread along the point. Maybe among the best waves I've ever seen anywhere on the East Coast. Fishing. Boating. Surf. History in your face. Charleston's not bad. Of course, I say that until the next hurricane hits.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
This morning it looks surprisingly small here given the location and size of the storm. Chest to shoulder high at best. Cams 5 miles north of me are showing a head highish wave. I left my work calendar open today so I can surf whenever. Now the question is when and where.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
I put this in the Rodanthe post as well, but today at that spot looked like Indonesia or maybe Bruce's Beauties.. A few waves pushing DOH. Maybe 10 of us out spread along the point. Maybe among the best waves I've ever seen anywhere on the East Coast. Fishing. Boating. Surf. History in your face. Charleston's not bad. Of course, I say that until the next hurricane hits.
Glad you scored...We used to drive down to the washout from Wilmington (I went to UNCW) on those spring south swells when the wind had too much north/nne in it for Mase and was offshore in Folly. Scored a bunch of times and would party with friends at C of C, good times. That sandbar is so fun, reminds of carolina beach when it used to work.

Contemplating gunning it to Ocean City MD after morning meetings...wind should back off by 3 and pump. Anyone every paddled to Assateague? Bet that protected jetty is doing its thing.

Reactions: Dekerwild and gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Glad you scored...We used to drive down to the washout from Wilmington (I went to UNCW) on those spring south swells when the wind had too much north/nne in it for Mase and was offshore in Folly. Scored a bunch of times and would party with friends at C of C, good times. That sandbar is so fun, reminds of carolina beach when it used to work.

Contemplating gunning it to Ocean City MD after morning meetings...wind should back off by 3 and pump. Anyone every paddled to Assateague? Bet that protected jetty is doing its thing.
I used to surf the wedge all the time at Assateague. There is another spot way down the beach from there called Freaks. A horeshoe like bendy peak. Looks windy everywhere now.