What's so bad about the "Progressive Agenda"?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Make homeless work/earn a place to stay that has a roof, bed, toilet, meals, and drug/alcohol free.

They can help clean up the streets/hiways/urban trash and other homeless camp remains, or manual labor jobs.

If they don't work for this place to live, they go to confined mental institutions or homeless encampments where it's an enclosed area that can't be escaped unless they're willing to work/live in the work shelters.

Tough love.

Offer social programs and job help to those at the work shelters to help climb out of their bottomed out existence.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Make homeless work/earn a place to stay that has a roof, bed, toilet, meals, and drug/alcohol free.

They can help clean up the streets/hiways/urban trash and other homeless camp remains, or manual labor jobs.

If they don't work for this place to live, they go to confined mental institutions or homeless encampments where it's an enclosed area that can't be escaped unless they're willing to work/live in the work shelters.

Tough love.

Offer social programs and job help to those at the work shelters to help climb out of their bottomed out existence.
This is all currently available to those that want it. Unfortunately, there are rules like sobriety, work, etc.... that many do not want to abide by. These are the people that Grapedrink keeps referring to and are the ones that make the current situation what it is.

It is also unfortunate that current laws prohibit sending them to "confined mental institutions or homeless encampments where it's an enclosed area that can't be escaped unless they're willing to work/live in the work shelters."

Reactions: grapedrink

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
[QUOTE="cstreet, post: 3669918, member: 56520"

Rich people with addiction problems typically go to rehab centers, right? They don't go right to the streets, right???

Poor people with addiction problems typically can't afford rehab centers, right?

Rich people with mental issues like schizophrenia typically have access to better support systems and medical care than poor folks, right?
[/QUOTE]

"Rich" people do wind up on the streets. Many "rich" people either outright refuse help and/or burn every bridge. Eventually, the family gives up on them and they are turned out on the street. I know this from personal experience.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
God this place is stupid. Can we say multivariate? People with mental illness typically have a hard time holding a job. As do people with serious addiction problems. Yes, if they have a family or a trust fund they can avoid the streets. (I know of a number of people with mental issues/addiction problems that wound up on the street in spite of having a financially solvent family) Life is complicated. Sometimes you need to look at the totality of the situation and hold more than one concept in your head. The cause of homelessness is unfortunately not univariate. Would that things were that simplistic.

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

Tough love.

Yeah, and once we get rid of these undesirables we can move down the list of undesirables. It's a slippery slope. :devilish:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
"Rich" people do wind up on the streets. Many "rich" people either outright refuse help and/or burn every bridge. Eventually, the family gives up on them and they are turned out on the street. I know this from personal experience.
I forgot to say typically... no wait, I did say typically!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not quite sure I'm getting it yet.

Rich people with addiction problems typically go to rehab centers, right? They don't go right to the streets, right???
Look up the success rate on rehab and get back to me. It’s dismal, even if you are rich enough to afford the best treatment.

Poor people with addiction problems typically can't afford rehab centers, right?

Rich people with mental issues like schizophrenia typically have access to better support systems and medical care than poor folks, right?

Saying that the homeless are typically poor is a stupid thing to say, right?
kidfury said that homelessness is primarily because of poverty. This is false. Mental illness and drug addiction are the primary causes. While poverty can certainly make it worse, there are still addicts and mentally ill on the streets who come from normal families who can afford to get them help. At a certain level of severity, and once that person is a adult, you can’t force them to take their meds and stay on track. There are even homeless people who have access to free private housing and they can’t even keep that in order.

We've never had a debate. You post stupid sh!t and I sometimes try to educate you, and then you troll.
I don’t troll. You lead with emotional boomer leftist narratives and tropes, and I crush them with facts and logic.

Reactions: npsp

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
God this place is stupid. Can we say multivariate? People with mental illness typically have a hard time holding a job. As do people with serious addiction problems. Yes, if they have a family or a trust fund they can avoid the streets. (I know of a number of people with mental issues/addiction problems that wound up on the street in spite of having a financially solvent family) Life is complicated. Sometimes you need to look at the totality of the situation and hold more than one concept in your head. The cause of homelessness is unfortunately not univariate. Would that things were that simplistic.
I always say multivariate.

And strawman.

I stopped saying "faulty neuroception" because it was upsetting people too much.

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Look up the success rate on rehab and get back to me. It’s dismal, even if you are rich enough to afford the best treatment.

kidfury said that homelessness is primarily because of poverty. This is false. Mental illness and drug addiction are the primary causes. While poverty can certainly make it worse, there are still addicts and mentally ill on the streets who come from normal families who can afford to get them help. At a certain level of severity, and once that person is a adult, you can’t force them to take their meds and stay on track. There are even homeless people who have access to free private housing and they can’t even keep that in order.

I don’t troll. You lead with emotional boomer leftist narratives and tropes, and I crush them with facts and logic.
You imagine that you do.

What are the main causes of Mental illness and drug addiction?

• Haha