Hawaii- Done

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
"When too many travelers descend on the same Instagram destinations, they create a massive problem for Hawaii. The environment is degraded, as is the visitor experience that Instagrammers sought"

Hawaii - Done!

The ego-driven Instagrammers ruined Hawaii.

https://beatofhawaii.com/have-ego-driven-instagrammers-ruined-hawaii/
For someone that hates hawaii you sure spend alot of time justifying your hatred for it.

we get it. Deep down you truly loved hawaii but you prob had a bad experience of some sort during high school or right After. All good brah. We welcome you back.

It’s almost like you need to keep validating your decision to not like Hawaii.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
For someone that hates hawaii you sure spend alot of time justifying your hatred for it.

we get it. Deep down you truly loved hawaii but you prob had a bad experience of some sort during high school or right After. All good brah. We welcome you back.

It’s almost like you need to keep validating your decision to not like Hawaii.
Here's my 50 image Hawaii Series on Society6 -

I don't see any hatred here.

If I "hated" Hawaii I wouldn't be trying to sell it, would I?

JSC Hawaii Series on Society6

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Jan 4, 2009
San Diego
My local spot in Hawaii has been decimated by IG idiots. My brother who surfs there all the time, tries to regulate and educate the MORONS jumping off the Wall and getting bashed into the jagged's, but it is a shitshow. Things gets nuts around sunset time. Thank god I grew up without cell phones or even computers!!! Funny thing, back in the late 70's Paul McCartney, who was renting a house right there, had to be rescued at the wall after he jumped in and got bashed.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
My local spot in Hawaii has been decimated by IG idiots. My brother who surfs there all the time, tries to regulate and educate the MORONS jumping off the Wall and getting bashed into the jagged's, but it is a shitshow. Things gets nuts around sunset time. Thank god I grew up without cell phones or even computers!!! Funny thing, back in the late 70's Paul McCartney, who was renting a house right there, had to be rescued at the wall after he jumped in and got bashed.
Used to surf there a ton in high school and college. The amount of stupidity back then was insane. Could only imagine now with social media

Reactions: hklocal

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
can anyone point me into some mountain bike resources? Like where to go? I used to ride Saint Louis heights quite a bit ten years ago. But now looking to restart and find some trails..

kahuku? Anything else?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
can anyone point me into some mountain bike resources? Like where to go? I used to ride Saint Louis heights quite a bit ten years ago. But now looking to restart and find some trails..

kahuku? Anything else?
MTB oahu is pretty fun- Sounds like you may be near N shore?, you could Try Pupukea - there are some fun trails, pretty easy for the most part I remember. Kahuku is full on moto, not the best if you want some serenity to your rides...
Laie has a fun little area.
Lastly the Ohana trails between kailua and waimanalo - norfolk i think is the neighborhood where you park. This is the newest area that is super fun. Try the ohana trail North to south for starters and cruise the neighborhood road back. So many off shoots to explore. The forest, mountains, trails are always over head.
have fun

Reactions: bluemarlin04

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
View attachment 138168

This is 4 days later and it’s still itchy.
Way worse than man o war.
If it makes you feel better, my family and I had ciguatera (aka fish poison) recently and we had about three weeks of varying degrees of unpleasentness. Stomach pains, diarrhea, vomiting, aches, burning sensations on skin, itchy all over. Was not fun! I think I would pick box jelly over fish poison.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
MTB oahu is pretty fun- Sounds like you may be near N shore?, you could Try Pupukea - there are some fun trails, pretty easy for the most part I remember. Kahuku is full on moto, not the best if you want some serenity to your rides...
Laie has a fun little area.
Lastly the Ohana trails between kailua and waimanalo - norfolk i think is the neighborhood where you park. This is the newest area that is super fun. Try the ohana trail North to south for starters and cruise the neighborhood road back. So many off shoots to explore. The forest, mountains, trails are always over head.
have fun
Thx. Will check out.

Rode norfolk frequently 10 years ago. So def want to check that out.

Is there an app or place to look?

Thx for the help

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
If it makes you feel better, my family and I had ciguatera (aka fish poison) recently and we had about three weeks of varying degrees of unpleasentness. Stomach pains, diarrhea, vomiting, aches, burning sensations on skin, itchy all over. Was not fun! I think I would pick box jelly over fish poison.
Ai.

How you caught that?

Papio?