What's so bad about the "Progressive Agenda"?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
really? I parsed this somewhat quickly, but maybe there's some absurdity in here I missed....

AOC always sound reasonable and smart to me.

Compare her to a Lauren B or a MTG.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
really? I parsed this somewhat quickly, but maybe there's some absurdity in here I missed....

AOC advocated for basically a social credit system for trumpers.

Trudeaus Covid policies were insane. Canada froze bank accounts of trucker protestors. They have also been trying to pass an online anti hate speech bill.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
AOC advocated for basically a social credit system for trumpers.

Trudeaus Covid policies were insane. Canada froze bank accounts of trucker protestors. They have also been trying to pass an online anti hate speech bill.
Canada doesn't have a first amendment. What's wrong with an anti-hate speech bill in a country that doesn't value hate speech?

And yes, AOC is "wontonly" reckless with her policies. Then again, she probably understands what that sentence means too.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
The extremes/fringe of progressive n conservatives should be relegated to AM radio but instead people elect the fckn nutters, sh!t their diapers while pointing fingers at “the other side” n ignore their own stench.

This lady needs a colostomy bag:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Canada doesn't have a first amendment. What's wrong with an anti-hate speech bill in a country that doesn't value hate speech?
Trudeau is simply pushing the law further into woke territory, hence my “absurd policies” comment.

Very few people “value hate speech”, which makes your comment a strawman. I do however value the right to say what I want without fear of punishment from the government. With that, who decides what “hate speech” is?

Do you think the government should be freezing the bank accounts of protestors :unsure:

And yes, AOC is "wontonly" reckless with her policies. Then again, she probably understands what that sentence means too.
Yes, and she thinks that urban gardens growing cauliflower is racist, and instead they should grow tropical plants like Yucca in New York City. She’s dumb AF

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Trudeau is simply pushing the law further into woke territory, hence my “absurd policies” comment.

Very few people “value hate speech”, which makes your comment a strawman. I do however value the right to say what I want without fear of punishment from the government. With that, who decides what “hate speech” is?

Do you think the government should be freezing the bank accounts of protestors :unsure:

Yes, and she thinks that urban gardens growing cauliflower is racist, and instead they should grow tropical plants like Yucca in New York City. She’s dumb AF
Were it not for the 1st Amendment, I guarantee there would be repeated attempts to legislate hate speech.

There is no 1st Amendment in Canada. Many nations have laws that limit hate speech. If that's what they want, more power to 'em.

I have no opinion on Canadian politics. I'm not Canadian.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Feel the same about Arab and African treatment of women? You're not Arab or African so no opinion?
What should I feel about Arab and African treatment of women? Aside from your descriptions being deathly vague (South African or Nigerian? Afghani or Turkish?), I don't know to which policies you're referring. Even if I did, I can make a judgment call on lots of things that don't require me to opine on politics. I'll be you have no idea about anything political in Africa - you don't know African politics, you know culture.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
What should I feel about Arab and African treatment of women? Aside from your descriptions being deathly vague (South African or Nigerian? Afghani or Turkish?), I don't know to which policies you're referring. Even if I did, I can make a judgment call on lots of things that don't require me to opine on politics. I'll be you have no idea about anything political in Africa - you don't know African politics, you know culture.
Then you can make a judgment call on Canadian politics. That sentence is a sweet and delicious bag of sugar's way out

• Love

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Then you can make a judgment call on Canadian politics. That sentence is a sweet and delicious bag of sugar's way out
Assuming all proper steps were followed, I have no problem with the government utilizing a mechanism that was legally available to them to end the blockade. You'd feel no differently if it had been ANTIFA sitting on the 5.

• Haha

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
in 2019 lol.

Now do today.
Here’s the most recent I can find…

Everything I’ve found online shows declining numbers over the last decade. If you have something that contradicts this feel free to post.

Here's what the 2021 report showed
• 230 unsheltered people, compared to 541 in 2020.

• 247 families experiencing homelessness, living in emergency or transitional housing, compared to 370 in 2020.

• 160 veterans experiencing homelessness, living in emergency or transitional housing, compared to 181 in 2020.

• 42 youth/young adults experiencing homelessness, living in emergency or transitional housing, compared to 18 in 2020.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
See above. Homeless pop in Jacksonville is decreasing. Not so in LA, SF, Portland, Seattle, NY…

The clear reality is that progressive policies increase homelessness.
How so? So you found that a city has reduced homelessness, but there's still homelessness in a conservative city. And if conservative policy is so grand, why did homelessness start there in the first place?

If I find a liberal city that has also reduced homelessness, what will that tell us? How about Atlanta?

Maybe it's more complex than liberal or conservative policies.

Reactions: Woke AF