PC Gaming … anyone here a gamer?

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
You make lots of assumptions Small Fry. You have zero clue who I am - hell, you thought I was that kook from San Clemente who spits on moms.

Keep telling yourself how bitchin you are - I just see an astronomical post count which proves you don't have as rad a life as you think you do.

In regards to gaming, I'm typically not for kids being indoors and sedentary, but I also read top gamers making upwards of $200k. I've also read that as people get older, gaming helps fight off dementia/Alzheimer's and also helps with hand-eye coordination. I wouldn't rule out getting a console at some point in my later years.

I've been using this handle 14 years.

I'm fine with my post count.

I also surf more than you. A lot more.

And I go on more surf trips than you.

Have more hobbies than you.

Etc.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Gaming def helps with prob solving skills along with the obvious hand eye coordination.

My Mom was convinced Atari was started by the military

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
we limit our kid pretty heavily, so he's a light gamer - no xbox, playstation etc - pc only. i'd be open to more computer time if he were more inclined to understand the technical side - hardware, software etc - because there's value in understanding how it all works and what to do when it doesn't.. but if he only wants to point and click, then it's gonna stay light.

Reactions: sdsrfr and Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I refused to pay a penny for anything video game related. I compromised with the wife and my son had to pay for a console on his own. Thankfully he's pretty much over it.

Ok in all honesty sorry for the highjack and I am done. I just have strong feelings about the subject.
this. I eventually found forums telling me how to pirate games and emulators.

I got hooked on the forums, not the games.

Reactions: sussle

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
What’s so great about PC games that you dont just get a PlayStation or XBox?
You lose the ability to have your rig become obsolete every other week. That's the glass half empty. Optimistics will say they can upgrade their rigs to a more powerful version every other week.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Gaming def helps with prob solving skills along with the obvious hand eye coordination.

My Mom was convinced Atari was started by the military
I learned how to speak english by playing video games. My son already plays and he's 5. I would love to take advice on how to raise him, but I would need to receive those checks to pay for his bills first.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
You lose the ability to have your rig become obsolete every other week. That's the glass half empty. Optimistics will say they can upgrade their rigs to a more powerful version every other week.
Are PC games “better“ and or don’t you get games/dlc first for PC?

I swore off video games after GTA San Andreas but man does RDR look fun

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I learned how to speak english by playing video games. My son already plays and he's 5. I would love to take advice on how to raise him, but I would need to receive those checks to pay for his bills first.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

There are games best played with a mouse and keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I would love to always have an over the top PC in the house, but unfortunately I don't sh!t money. Keep in mind anything that seems expensive in the US is 3x the price in Brazil.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
There are games best played with a mouse and keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I would love to always have an over the top PC in the house, but unfortunately I don't sh!t money. Keep in mind anything that seems expensive in the US is 3x the price in Brazil.
I’ve heard Brazil is crazy expensive. If you’re ever planning on returning to the Los Angeles, pm me. If you’d be willing to meet up in your country with a Peruvian associate of mine and help bring some family heirlooms to his grandmothers in Compton he’d compensate you very handsomely.

Also I don’t know if you’d be interested but I still have a lot of contacts in the industry who are always looking for fresh young faces especially from foreign countries. Would you feel comfortable taking your shirt off in front of the camera?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I’ve heard Brazil is crazy expensive. If you’re ever planning on returning to the Los Angeles, pm me. If you’d be willing to meet up in your country with a Peruvian associate of mine and help bring some family heirlooms to his grandmothers in Compton he’d compensate you very handsomely.

Also I don’t know if you’d be interested but I still have a lot of contacts in the industry who are always looking for fresh young faces especially from foreign countries. Would you feel comfortable taking your shirt off in front of the camera?
Not sure the the camera would feel comfortable with a shirtless brukuns. But good to know they are looking for fresh young faces, I'll let you know if I see any.

As for bringing the family Heirlooms, I only feel comfortable transporting drugs, so not sure if that would work. I might go back to LA in 2023 or 24, we need to get my son a Visa and the wait is looooooooooooooong.

• Love
Reactions: Chocki

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Play Robotron 2084 here (click me). Before clicking on things, read the reviews for instructions on how to play on a keyboard.
That game is probably the most keyboard UNfriendly game out there. :roflmao:

Every once in a while I go on a nostalgia kick. This is a good site for that: https://www.retrogames.cc/arcade-games

Then I realize I am no better at Ghosts n Goblins than I was 35 years ago and that's that. :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

It's the best game ever made

Like a 60 hour movie