Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Do you think ol' mate Yuri thinks he surfs good?

I kinda like knowing I don't rip.
Yes, you can tell by the way he talks about boar design to Album Matt in their video calls. Always the arrow, never the archer. IIRC Usually
something like trying to convince the shaper that the already oversized boar needs more volume and Parker gently dissuading him. LOL

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I think he knows his ability. I still don't see how his channel is successful at all.
The only explanation I can figure is that his channel is like an AA meeting for experienced adult learners. A place to go to meet/watch (via the internet) other surfers who suck at surfing. They have the lingo, boards, and all the knowledge they can consume from the internet which is projected onto nice guy Yuri while he bogs his rails in crap waves.
Video is sobering, and life is unfair.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Sunstone didn't work out for me. If anybody near the NCSD area is looking for a barely ridden 5'6" x 21 x 2 9/16 in XTR ping me. Going to list it over the weekend probably.
Too wide? I got a fish earlier this summer, I couldn't surf it mostly because of the width.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Too wide? I got a fish earlier this summer, I couldn't surf it mostly because of the width.
It was maneuverable and changed direction well I thought but just didn't have enough drive for my taste. I've had a few tkf's and they always had loads of drive. This one felt like it offered more performance and ease of changing direction, but didn't have the drivey feeling that I was looking for when I hop on a board like this. I don't want to double pump a bottom turn on a fish. I want the speed to carry when setting a big bottom through the top and back to the pocket. Moonstone also could be influencing me some because that board is super drivey and almost feels like it gains speed every turn. Tried a few different keel sets from my go to sets to really big ones. Just wasn't what I was looking for. Some guys love the sunstone and surf great on it, so hopefully the board works for somebody else. It paddled well and caught waves easy.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think he knows his ability. I still don't see how his channel is successful at all.
Of course he know his ability.

His ability is EXACTLY why his channel is so successful.

His ability is representative of 75%+ of US mainland and European surfers.

Matt Parker knows this too, which is why he spends the time doing marketing work with him.

Matt's biggest shaping influence is marketing.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Townsend - 6'6" x 19.7" x 2.44", about 36,5 L. I hope to use it as a step up from my Twinsman RP and as a "mid-length" in some sessions (waist height and over).

The Twinquish is 5´5. My Twinsman RP is a 5´7, and my Plasmic is a 5´3.
Any word on your Townsend?

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Yuri may be one of the greatest performance artists of our time.

His ability to create and then wallow in these unbearably awkward moments without breaking character is incredible.
I wonder how he’d fair if he went on a trip n maybe pushed to step up in actual waves, nothing super heavy but legit waves over a number of days to work up to it etc.

Same question but instead of legit waves, what he’d do if confronted w an actual vag!na