Mental Health thread

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Plan on having a nice little Saturday morning - 2 grams and a bike ride to my favorite fishing spot above Georgetown...smallmouth fishing has been good.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Had a rough few weeks months, been on my workout routine again for two weeks, already feeling better.
Still have issues to deal with but it doesn't feel insurmountable.

Got really drunk 2 weeks back and decided to take a lil break been pretty good besides the occasional beer with football.
Anyone doing anything cool this weekend?

Reactions: slipped_disc

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Packing for Ireland :shrug: :jamon:

good for you on the breather. I think a LOT of people found themselves drinking way more than usual these last couple of years, and I’m hearing more and more people just over it. Not that they were full on drunks like I was, just that they found themselves drinking too much, and scaled back to very little or even none at all. not drinking is kind of becoming a thing

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Been losing my appetite, things don't really taste like anything to me unless they're super sweet/salty/some other spice. Tired and run down, not really able to sleep well. Even losing interest in puffing weed, cultivation and yes, surfing

Generally losing my "taste for life, and living" basically. Spoke about this with my better half, she has noticed my loss of interest in everything as well, added irritability and short temperedness to the list.

Turns out I have Informal Caregiver Burnout Syndrome ... didn't even know it was a thing back before COVID started, when we decided to take my then 86 yo mother in as a permanent resident for whom I quit working to provide for her care.

Wife, awesome as she is, suggested traveling together somewhere we've never been. Thus the thread in the Travel section. But to be honest, Easter is too long a time and seems like forever away right now.

Not sure what to do.

All three of my siblings are completely non respondent when I ask for their help. Younger sister cut ties with my mother over 15 years ago, so no surprise there... but I'm starting to really trip out at how little help is offered by my two older brothers.

Starting to realize also, I've never really had a mother per se, not like the majority of people are used to anyways. Not judging her mind you, for her lack of care and affection formed how independent we all are today. It is what it is, you are what you It; there are no mistakes.

Anyways, just trying to find anything to keep my slightest interest, in hopes of not heading down the rabbit hole of depression.

Cannot afford to right now, too many people depending on my stability. Wife just lost her mother in March, a woman who showed me what it means to be a mother, everything my mother never was, has been or will ever be at this age, and stage of get life. Also, the person I care for, "good old mommy dearest".

Thinking of taking a few days and heading to a hotel for some RnR. But not until I have someone I can count on to care for my mom though, cause if I don't do it, noone else seems to give two chits about her care, nor much less her well being.

Guess that's what 80 some years of being an absolute biotch of a person to everyone around you gets you, huh?

Only the stupid enough care for you anymore.

Lucky for her, I am unable to turn my back on a loved one during a troubled time of theirs, irregardless of who they've have, or have not, been to me during my lifetime.

Also, SOOOOOO tired of cleaning up her....:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: y messes.

Why is it old people forget how to wipe?

Anyone?

:toilet::bricks::sick::barf::unsure::cry::violin:

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Hang in there bud, it’s “only” temporary

and if it helps, I think you should give he the care she deserves and that won’t rob you of your years and sanity. Have her committed. She’ll hate it, but sooner or later; too f-Ing bad. You only got one life. Hers can be done in a facility. Your home should not be that facility

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Read through the piece I linked, and the takeaway is the best way to deal with this is in finding value in what I'm doing. Which of course I do.

Seems I'm going to have to find some new activities to motivate the learning curve and re-spark interest in current activities. SUP? Say it ain't so!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey::nana:

Thanks for the kind words, unfortunately residences have ubber long waiting lists, and the level of care here on the island is severely lacking.

Looks like my sister in law has stepped up, despite her already full plate, she offered to come down for a week so we can get away. Amazing that she has more interest in my mother's care, and my own, than my own family. Goes to show just "who" good Ole mom is, and how she "raised" us, I guess.

:shrug:

Fooked up beyond all recognition is what I call it all.

Looking into residences in Madrid. Inevitably she'll end up in need of care we cannot provide... the trick will be to move her before she does. The way she sits and sloths all day every day, at her age, means it's only a matter of time.

We're bound to find out. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again. Even just knowing someone listening cares makes it somehow less difficult to bear.

Fooking family, my buddy said it best, "thank goodness you can pick your friends, cause you cannot pick your family". I have somehow always known my friends were more family than anyone with my DNA running through their blood.

:socrazy::crazy2::monkey:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Add insult to injury, worst fall opener ever wave wise. Cannot even motivate to paddle out. Praying for some HUGE SWELL SOON this winter... it's probably my last, or second to the last going for size, I sure hope it's not a dud.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
I FIND IT A TRAVESTY DENNIS FRANZ WAS OVERLOOKED TO STAR WITH HELENA CHRISTENSEN IN CHRIS ISAAK'S 1991 VIDEO FOR THE SONG WICKED GAMD

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Read through the piece I linked, and the takeaway is the best way to deal with this is in finding value in what I'm doing. Which of course I do.

Seems I'm going to have to find some new activities to motivate the learning curve and re-spark interest in current activities. SUP? Say it ain't so!
:socrazy::crazy2::monkey:
I felt the same last year. Getting involved fixed me up, my wife keeps noting how much happier I seem. For me, I started getting involved in local politics. It is so much fun, using my 3 minutes of speaking time, to roust the chit out of the city council.

My other activity has been music concerts. I gots Pitbull Can't Stop Us Now tour tonight and Iron Maiden Legacy of The Beast World Tour on Sunday.