2022 Tropical Systems

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Bitches should be proud to be associated with the strongest force of nature known to man, not much higher a compliment, is there?
:cursing::shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:
A hurricane is a pathetic joke compared to a megathrust earthquake. Plus you have at least some notice - if you're willing to do an all-nighter (and possibly sleep in your car) even if you plan poorly and you're in the Keys/South Florida, you can still probably get to relative safety.

Most of that footage of traffic is what it looks like when everyone plans to get on the road during comfy daylight hours. I left for Alabama at 9pm and while the backwoods of Southern GA/AL were hilariously busy for that time of night, everyone was still going 5-10 over. Or in the case of the myriad Florida plates parked in front of lit-up local smokies, county Sheriffs, state police, and highway patrol, 10-15 over.

You live along one of those rivers coming down off Mt. Rainier, and there's a real one, you're fucking dead. You aren't outrunning a lahar. You're in SF when "The Big One" hits, you don't get a week to board your sh!t up, collect your magic boar and your daddy's watch that he wore in his ass until he got dysentery. You're lucky if you're close enough to the door to get outside, and if you're not at home, your sh!t might be on fire before you can even see it, if 1906 or whenever is any indication.

You live in tornado country and you don't have something below ground, and you get hit by a real one, it's over. You and everything else going 200-300mph are getting turned into microparticles. They'll find your driver's license and it'll look like someone fed it through a broken dot-matrix printer loaded with pink ink.

I'm going with strongest force of nature known to man is black hole or, in the context of Earth, Chicxulub-sized sh!t inbound. I'm talking small mountain ranges getting tubed.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Hatteras was super fun - Avon pier on Tuesday was freaking gnarly. 6-8 ft lefts off the pier in about 2-3 feet of water and absolutely throwing.

Rodanthe and other spots had their highlights as well. Funky swell

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Hatteras was super fun - Avon pier on Tuesday was freaking gnarly. 6-8 ft lefts off the pier in about 2-3 feet of water and absolutely throwing.

Rodanthe and other spots had their highlights as well. Funky swell
You might see more next week from the storm running through the DR but then it could go anywhere.
202F6246-D7CD-4F38-BDB2-C92F685549C6.jpeg
I think not much wind but raining buckets for Saturday here.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
We are going to see more from another system currently in the atlantic (if that's the one you're referring to)...Models looking iffy again with the winds, but it's way out.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
A hurricane is a pathetic joke compared to a megathrust earthquake. Plus you have at least some notice - if you're willing to do an all-nighter (and possibly sleep in your car) even if you plan poorly and you're in the Keys/South Florida, you can still probably get to relative safety.

Most of that footage of traffic is what it looks like when everyone plans to get on the road during comfy daylight hours. I left for Alabama at 9pm and while the backwoods of Southern GA/AL were hilariously busy for that time of night, everyone was still going 5-10 over. Or in the case of the myriad Florida plates parked in front of lit-up local smokies, county Sheriffs, state police, and highway patrol, 10-15 over.

You live along one of those rivers coming down off Mt. Rainier, and there's a real one, you're fucking dead. You aren't outrunning a lahar. You're in SF when "The Big One" hits, you don't get a week to board your sh!t up, collect your magic boar and your daddy's watch that he wore in his ass until he got dysentery. You're lucky if you're close enough to the door to get outside, and if you're not at home, your sh!t might be on fire before you can even see it, if 1906 or whenever is any indication.

You live in tornado country and you don't have something below ground, and you get hit by a real one, it's over. You and everything else going 200-300mph are getting turned into microparticles. They'll find your driver's license and it'll look like someone fed it through a broken dot-matrix printer loaded with pink ink.

I'm going with strongest force of nature known to man is black hole or, in the context of Earth, Chicxulub-sized sh!t inbound. I'm talking small mountain ranges getting tubed.
:unsure:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
For whatever reason Fiona makes me a little nervous. Modeling has been all over the place and when I look at the positioning of predicted High Pressure systems in the region when it nears the East Coast I could see it going just about anywhere on the East Coast or even making landfall.
So glad I am out of the boat business, this time of year was always stressful between having to haul or secure for the storms and loosing weeks of pay due to weather. Now all I have to worry about is my condo washing away.:violin:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
  • Wow
Reactions: Subway and bvendley

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Ok so you have this typhoon that went extratropical into the Bering Sea and is massive:

Then you have this point break in East Siberia here. 1" on this below = 1 mile. Bet it's firing.

View attachment 138059
forecast is for 5@20 monday. might want to call in sick

oh yeah just remembered ur stuck on 6-8. nevermind

:drowning::drowning::drowning:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
forecast is for 5@20 monday. might want to call in sick

oh yeah just remembered ur stuck on 6-8. nevermind

:drowning::drowning::drowning:
Already took Tuesday morning off. :)

6'8" should be just fine considered I surfed much bigger on a 6'6". Considering there are three swells coming in at once, gonna be a lot of duckdiving... :drowning:

Reactions: doc_flavonoid

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Already took Tuesday morning off. :)

6'8" should be just fine considered I surfed much bigger on a 6'6". Considering there are three swells coming in at once, gonna be a lot of duckdiving... :drowning:
a legit 5@20 from the west can be so fuckedup sprint paddling for the horizon after a 20min lull

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I chit you not Fiona is currently forecast to send 6-10 foot surf the same days I’m on the Aran Islands, and then continue through to a second swell, the entirety of which we will be staying on the ocean in Doonbeg. plenty of swell the whole 11 days

Fiona….in Ireland….

praying to saint Patrick for mild late summer weather

i might get a new step up for the trip. I may want a 6’4 whilst wearing a 4 mil and boots surfing #### island :drowning:

surfline has a huge hard-on for the majority of my trip

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
a legit 5@20 from the west can be so fuckedup sprint paddling for the horizon after a 20min lull
Where are you seeing that forecast? I see 3' @ 16 from SW and WNW and another 3 @ 10 from WNW. :shrug:

20 second is INDEED murder out there. And they hit hard.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I chit you not Fiona is currently forecast to send 6-10 foot surf the same days I’m on the Aran Islands, and then continue through to a second swell, the entirety of which we will be staying on the ocean in Doonbeg. plenty of swell the whole 11 days

Fiona….in Ireland….

praying to saint Patrick for mild late summer weather

i might get a new step up for the trip. I may want a 6’4 whilst wearing a 4 mil and boots surfing #### island :drowning:

surfline has a huge hard-on for the majority of my trip
23517240-01A4-47A1-A967-0F60DE71D124.png
8 to 12” of rain with possible to 16”

Wish you were here.
xoxoxo