Hydrodynamica

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Fyi, I ordered mine as a twin/trailer only from RK’s recommendation, but on a hunch sent him another message about placement of the fronts compared to a 5 fin setup. Stoked he took the time to check his (5-fin he runs as a twin/trailer) and his wife’s (only 3 boxes for twin/trailer) that are the same dims, and the fronts on hers are 1” back from where his are. He likes hers, but much prefers the placement on his, so I changed my order to a 5-fin setup. Funny he wasn’t aware of the change in placement on the 3-fin, but I’m glad I’ll have the quad option now and look forward to trying both.
Interesting.

I've ordered a 5-fin version and a 3-fin version and the fins were in the same place (10" front and 3"rear). Been a while since I've ordered one tho.

Reactions: JDJ

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Interesting.

I've ordered a 5-fin version and a 3-fin version and the fins were in the same place (10" front and 3"rear). Been a while since I've ordered one tho.
I think the tri fun for RK’s wife was set for twin + trailer. I actually find it kind of hilarious that RK didn’t realize that.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I’m getting thruster Futures. I’ll measure the placement when it arrives. I cannot bring myself to order five boxes or plugs on a board. Just a weird aesthetic issue I have.
Good for resale on a custom and I am not worried about tiny bit extra weight but all my boards with 5 boxes have quad set up:waving:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Anyone else (besides me) stoked to ride the new Endorfin 2+1 fins that are coming out? Word on the street is they come with 2 small trailer fins. So potentially 3 fin set ups. :jamon:

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Everyone thinks the tails are too wide. You will be stoked, but then again I run mine as a quad.

@oeste858 : I have a 5'7" x 19" x 2-1/2" one. had a 5'6" before but upped the length a tiny bit. LOVE that board. For reference, I'm 5'10" and 165 pounds. I feel the quad holds that tail a bit more secure and helps it maintain a sh*t-ton of drive. Plus it flies over flat spots. God I love that board.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Look forward to hearing yours is done, so I know mine isn’t too far off. Was told it “may“ be done by end of Aug (which surprised me), but status hasn’t change in a while.
FYI: Mine is done! Just need to figure when I’ll get to your neck of the woods for pick up.

• Love
Reactions: jkb

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Top of the list!

The guy shreds, Buttplug or not!

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009