***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
I hear ya.....

Although might wait for late afternoon session....
They are from out of town/state posted up in rvs :cautious:taking advantage of free rv parking monopolizing everything they arent going anywhere.I get its a hot holiday weekend but its lame taking up to 8 spaces with your rig and then just sitting there looking at your phone stuffing your fat fugging face. Oh and cant forgot leaving trash everywhere for someone else to pick up.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Past few days at the well-known northern Baja point, and back home this morning at an easily accessed beachie next to the pier. Water feels like a very welcome respite from our current heat wave. @oeste858 your Gremlin goes best (for me) as a quad.
Wait. You have my gremlin?? LOL
Yeah, I like quad or twin +training wheel.

brought the 5’4 almond foamie down to the beach with the fam. Not much out here but will be nice to get wet. Another scorcher today

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Before the swell hits:oops:thats code red status in socal
I was dumb enough to go again today. big mistake. should have stayed home...
didn't even bother taking a photo. way bigger (secs went from 12 to 16). Lots of paddling and hard to stay in position. basically big mushburguers, with a few good in betweeners. Closeouts and rip tides. Had to swim a guy in.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Mrs. Slipped disc and I played tourist this weekend and made the trek north to see some friends at OB; where we set up a small spread of food etc. Surf was sub par at best, but it was quite nice to see friends and hop out whenever the bar showed anything remotely interesting. On the drive home, we snuck in a hike at sunset. The cup was filled.

We did the same thing today, this time in our backyard. Friends were swapped out for books. And sub par surf was replaced with thigh-high garbage. But again, quite nice to spend the day on the beach: watching and waiting for those small windows of improvements.

Reactions: need 4 speed

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Right shoulder is finally better, feeling good. Right hip IT band still a bitch, and two big toenails have been leaking blood for a week. But other than that, hey, what the hell.

Camped along the coast Friday night. Oh we beat the heat all right. 55 degrees out with 35kt winds, yeah, it's still actually spring believe it or not. Kids had a blast that whole day although nothing remotely surfable. Could have finagled another night even w/o reservations but said fuck it - nice shower, cold beer at home, grab a pizza, and then head back early Sunday was right call. Rangers lock it down so never really gets too crowded.

Went to different spot today down the way, pretty much 1-2' junky beachbreak. Beach was shitshow crowded and felt like was right back in Oside surfing Tyson Street with the Strand noise. Ebb tide, weak, being overly picky for corners even though didn't have to be, meh. Shook that funk off with four DIPAs, few safety meetings, and made the most out of a pretty junky day. I actually got better waves when the wind shifted from relative glass to 15kt south winds; chop push and tide push made it better for sure. Kids were also stocked having more waves to work with than last couple days.

And shoulder/hip actually felt relatively OK through about 5 hours worth of sessions. Not all that much paddling required so that was also a nice change too.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Looked really fun but small earlier in the weekend.

Surfed mid beach yesterday after nearly disemboweling myself. See fin thread.

Got one really fun double up. Everything else was subpar and small, but a beautiful day and incredibly psyched to sneak a session in with a sick 6 month old at home, mom visiting, and wife & daughter birthday weekend. Wish I had the longboard delivered already. Beach was packed. Lots of clueless "dog moms" torturing their dogs on the hot sand. idiots.

Wearing a short arm full was nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kento

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Past few days at the well-known northern Baja point, and back home this morning at an easily accessed beachie next to the pier. Water feels like a very welcome respite from our current heat wave. @oeste858 your Gremlin goes best (for me) as a quad.
Wonder if we surfed together. Spent my birthday weekend surfing and crushing tacos and margaritas down south. I had a couple of horrible sessions and a couple epic ones, beverage consumption was definitely a factor. It was an epic weekend all together, warm and relatively uncrowded with some pretty decent waves on tap.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Wonder if we surfed together. Spent my birthday weekend surfing and crushing tacos and margaritas down south. I had a couple of horrible sessions and a couple epic ones, beverage consumption was definitely a factor. It was an epic weekend all together, warm and relatively uncrowded with some pretty decent waves on tap.
Oh right on, maybe we did! Were you with the crew staying at the unit by the pool with the "happy birthday" sign hanging on the patio? We were down with some friends who don't surf, so I just snuck out for the early AM session on Saturday and Sunday. Waves and weather were definitely on point, and not as crowded as it usually is at that spot.

Reactions: oeste858