GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Last edited:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
This last ECSC was probably the most farcical display of phuckery in surfdom - abysmal knee-high shorebreak dribble. This one looks just as bad (if not worse).

Reactions: bluemarlin04

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
its sickening when contestants butt-wiggle their way to victory in 1ft slop....
then call themselves "winners."

there is a lot of that going on round these parts at least...:sick:

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
It's so hard to watch - I got great memories of the outer banks - Camping out down there, hooking stripped bass all day in between surf sessions - being eating alive by the fucking horse flys - Drive thru liquor stores - - picking up fresh tuna from the docks - jumping san dunes with the VW rabbit - fires on the beach - meeting sweat talking girls - in the 80's it was my great escape from city life - despite what you see in the Comp the place can go off - its a heavy wave when on and I had some of my best barrels there. Have not been back in ages but hear the Northeast elite bought up the place and turned into fricken Disneyland.

Reactions: Redeyes

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
It's so hard to watch - I got great memories of the outer banks - Camping out down there, hooking stripped bass all day in between surf sessions - being eating alive by the fucking horse flys - Drive thru liquor stores - - picking up fresh tuna from the docks - jumping san dunes with the VW rabbit - fires on the beach - meeting sweat talking girls - in the 80's it was my great escape from city life - despite what you see in the Comp the place can go off - its a heavy wave when on and I had some of my best barrels there. Have not been back in ages but hear the Northeast elite bought up the place and turned into fricken Disneyland.

Same venue, different event. The odds of scoring waves at this place get a lot better in late September and October.

42687600_10209716472667370_516044452372938752_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ReForest

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
For whatever reason (beach replenishment, coastal development, nostalgia, etc) it doesn't seem to break like I remember it did when I lived there in the 80s. There seems to be way fewer working sandbars (and 2000x as many people) these days. Maybe Hatteras Glass can confirm or deny.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
It's still like that below Rodanthe, this is the time of year to be down there...tropics are waking up too

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
For whatever reason (beach replenishment, coastal development, nostalgia, etc) it doesn't seem to break like I remember it did when I lived there in the 80s. There seems to be way fewer working sandbars (and 2000x as many people) these days. Maybe Hatteras Glass can confirm or deny.
HatterasGlass confrms.

I do not go into town unless it can be avoided because of the 2000x more people.
IMO, the banks' sand - at least for surfing - is not the same as it once was. The sandbars still move around of course.

Sure - there are still waves but the "usual" spots of the 80's and 90's are gone even factoring for nostalgia.
Definitely a rebuilding/reshuffling period, IMO.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
HatterasGlass confrms.

I do not go into town unless it can be avoided because of the 2000x more people.
IMO, the banks' sand - at least for surfing - is not the same as it once was. The sandbars still move around of course.

Sure - there are still waves but the "usual" spots of the 80's and 90's are gone even factoring for nostalgia.
Definitely a rebuilding/reshuffling period, IMO.
I wish they'd fix the Lighthouse Jetties. A nice long one at Oregon Inlet would be nice too.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
one october there i 'member the wind blew NE for 4 weeks straight...

also i found Avon to be s h a r k y...:shark:
I think in the 90s a big tiger took a big bite out of a vacationing Russian couple mid-ocean-coitus. Both ded.