Navy SEALS - cheating and PEDS?

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Here's a question for all the tough guys here . . . . Is the whole neck-break-from-behind-to-kill someone that you alwasy see in the movies a real thing :unsure: I don't doubt that it could paralyze you, but does that really cause instant death?

Asking for a friend.
Not a ‘tough guy’ just a retired guy.

I’m unfamiliar with current protocols but in the 60s (and maybe pre-60s) a properly placed “talon” blade both physically paralyzed (severing the Vagus nerve) and silently removed any potential to alert others of the attack. Pulling the blade another 1-2 inches, severed the carotid resulting in the immobilized/silent target to quietly bleed out.

Movies don’t capture the horror and smells of close manual combat.

Last edited:

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
I vividly remember once sleeping in my JO jungle rack in foward O country and the career was in some massive seas. I could barely stay in my rack.

Heard the last event of the day cat off and I couldn’t believe they were going to fly and come back.

takes some nuts for sure
We would sit in the Ready Room watching the plat cam during the first few days of a sea period, the CQ phase. Eating corn and laughing at guys boltering and getting waved off, until one would come in and it would be far too close, would silence the chatter for a minute or so. Haha. Especially the E-2s, just a bundle of confusion in a plane that kinda doesn't want to land.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Here's a question for all the tough guys here . . . . Is the whole neck-break-from-behind-to-kill someone that you alwasy see in the movies a real thing :unsure: I don't doubt that it could paralyze you, but does that really cause instant death?

Asking for a friend.
The last thing an operator wants is to engage in hand to hand combat. He wants to put 2 in your head before you know he is there.

Reactions: hammies

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak was a career Mossad ‘operator.’ An Israeli kill team quietly dispatched an apartment building’ security team one night in Beirut, Lebanon. No grabbing by the head and twisting the necks. Two operators dressed as religious conservative Lebanese women then made their way to the apartment housing an organizer of the Munich Olympics slaughter. Knock, Knock and the door was opened by the target who had a weapon in his hand. The one or two seconds of confusion that two women were at his door way was sufficient time for the operator’s to double tap him and then slip back into the shadows for their boat ride home. The tapper was Ehud Barak. In the movie, “Munich” the Israeli operation was dramatized when Barak’s character was briefly introduced to viewer’s as ‘Ed.’ My former Israeli boss (retired as senior director, operations Shen Bet) mentioned it was beyond his understanding as to, “why for the movie was ”allowed” to disclose such specific details?” “Shadows John, we are most effective in the shadows.” I worked for him 20 years in the shadows.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not a ‘tough guy’ just a retired guy.

I’m unfamiliar with current protocols but in the 60s (and maybe pre-60s) a properly placed “talon” blade both physically paralyzed (severing the Vagus nerve) and silently removed any potential to alert others of the attack. Pulling the blade another 1-2 inches, severed the carotid resulting in the immobilized/silent target to quietly bleed out.

Movies don’t capture the horror and smells of close manual combat.
Nothing like the smell of death.

So powerful.

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Clayster

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
We had a handful of guys on tren and other sh!t while I was in Afghanistan. These dudes blew up like fuckin bullfrogs over the course of the winter when we didn't patrol very far. Come spring and our first multi-day dismounted movement two of them were heat casualties. Put and end to those shenanigans real quick.

If the military wants to condone or issue soldiers PEDs I'm all for it, why not? But if it's gonna be condoned at least do it in a controlled way where military doctors are prescribing doses and cycles instead of a bunch of 19 year-old idiots juicing themselves with sh!t they bought off the internet.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Nearly 8 years active. As an intelligence detachment commander several of our guys were looking to get out early (back in the days when drafted you were in it for the full 2 years). Army offered up to 6 months early outs for volunteers to spend a month at Fort Detrick, the center for biological weapons. They needed human volunteers for pathogen studies. One of the few ’good deeds’ I’m proud of was convincing them to finish their period of enlistment and not to further risk their health over a few months.

I had previously visited Detrick (before they stopped using human guinea pigs) while undergoing training/familiarization. Brutal.

Not saying government supplied “supplements” didn’t happen to GIs but I never saw it nor heard of any drug ‘helpers’ whether in peacetime or combat. I think I would have heard from the circle of people I associated with.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
We had a handful of guys on tren and other sh!t while I was in Afghanistan. These dudes blew up like fuckin bullfrogs over the course of the winter when we didn't patrol very far. Come spring and our first multi-day dismounted movement two of them were heat casualties. Put and end to those shenanigans real quick.

If the military wants to condone or issue soldiers PEDs I'm all for it, why not? But if it's gonna be condoned at least do it in a controlled way where military doctors are prescribing doses and cycles instead of a bunch of 19 year-old idiots juicing themselves with sh!t they bought off the internet.
It was so hot in Iraq I am actually suprised more people didnt heat cat with the amount of stimulants we were taking and the lack of available water.

• Wow
Reactions: keenfish

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak was a career Mossad ‘operator.’ An Israeli kill team quietly dispatched an apartment building’ security team one night in Beirut, Lebanon. No grabbing by the head and twisting the necks. Two operators dressed as religious conservative Lebanese women then made their way to the apartment housing an organizer of the Munich Olympics slaughter. Knock, Knock and the door was opened by the target who had a weapon in his hand. The one or two seconds of confusion that two women were at his door way was sufficient time for the operator’s to double tap him and then slip back into the shadows for their boat ride home. The tapper was Ehud Barak. In the movie, “Munich” the Israeli operation was dramatized when Barak’s character was briefly introduced to viewer’s as ‘Ed.’ My former Israeli boss (retired as senior director, operations Shen Bet) mentioned it was beyond his understanding as to, “why for the movie was ”allowed” to disclose such specific details?” “Shadows John, we are most effective in the shadows.” I worked for him 20 years in the shadows.
It is hard to get stories from guys like you so thanks for that. :jamon:

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I was responding to Ifallalot's post.

My favorite threads are the ones that take a turn.

The Italians had a term of this term "the Volta."

Any good good art has a turn.

Not that my posts are art.

But . . .

You are what you do.

I'm not sure what you are doing, Clay.

Venting off trauma?

Good!

Your not a shrink, which you held yourself out to be for a while.

You are instead a narcissistic English teacher, who only wants to talk about himself.

"Nuff said

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I wear the same shoes as a lot of Navy Seals. They’re extremely comfortable, so far so good durability wise and IMO more stylish than your average outdoors dad shoes. Plus I like knowing that at all times my footwear gives me the tactical advantage needed to take out Obama Bin Laden

1662000716487.jpeg

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
You got me all figured out, don't you, clay? :roflmao:
Yes. It's quite obvious.

This is a post about navy seals going through hell and doing things in order to get through that hell, because they want to succeed and serve our country. Some of them die in the process, and questions are raised about that process, and those tragic deaths.

Along comes Mr. Autoerotic, hijacking the thread and yapping about what a fat ass he is, and what he ate today in order to lose his fat ass. That, my friend, is extreme narcissism.

Had you STARTED a thread about how you and your buddy Richard Simmons had a new diet and dancing routine, then of course, you would be appropriate in posting about what your diet and dancing routine was.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Yes. It's quite obvious.

This is a post about navy seals going through hell and doing things in order to get through that hell, because they want to succeed and serve our country. Some of them die in the process, and questions are raised about that process, and those tragic deaths.

Along comes Mr. Autoerotic, hijacking the thread and yapping about what a fat ass he is, and what he ate today in order to lose his fat ass. That, my friend, is extreme narcissism.

Had you STARTED a thread about how you and your buddy Richard Simmons had a new diet and dancing routine, then of course, you would be appropriate in posting about what your diet and dancing routine was.
Tell us how you really feel.