California, who are the lunatics in charge?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Just curious, what do you think the updates are doing? Are they like the microwave ovens spying on us? :roflmao:

I would love to have a blind spot alert and back up camerain my 1985 VW . Maybe emergency braking too.
Seems like a bunch of premium-mediocre "features" that midwit bugmen can brag about on internet fora like this:
Past software releases here:

My car is easy - I just get in and put in the key and away I go - zero software mgmt. I don't know who buys a car wanting this type of iPhone-style software mgmt but something tells me I'm about to find out.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Seems like a bunch of premium-mediocre "features" that midwit bugmen can brag about on internet fora like this:
Past software releases here:

My car is easy - I just get in and put in the key and away I go - zero software mgmt. I don't know who buys a car wanting this type of iPhone-style software mgmt but something tells me I'm about to find out.
lol, you use a key.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Is there a source for that? What if someone moves from Nevada to CA and they drive a new gas vehicle?
Like someone said above, though, majority of new cars will probably be electric anyway.
The ban is on the sale of new cars, no ICE's themselves. People acting like all ICE's will self-implode on January 1, 2035 lol.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
BTW, ex-Western countries see what's happening to the West and are pivoting away from the arrangements of the post-WWII era.
Because of dropping demand and the chance Iran becomes a world supplier again after revising their nuke agreement. Economics 101.

BTW, China is also moving to EV's. They plan to have 40% of all cars on the road be electric by 2030. Why do you want us to fall behind China?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The Apple Emperor's clothes were off with the release of the Mac LC.

Motherf*cker
Always
Crashes

A
P*ss
Poor
Laptop
Excuse

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Is there a source for that? What if someone moves from Nevada to CA and they drive a new gas vehicle?
Like someone said above, though, majority of new cars will probably be electric anyway.
Cars transferred to California must meet California emission standards. The standard that is applied is dependent on the model year of the car (standards get progressively stricter for newer cars).

2035 the standard is zero emissions. Therefore by default you can’t register a 2035 ICE vehicle in California.

l

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Cars transferred to California must meet California emission standards. The standard that is applied is dependent on the model year of the car (standards get progressively stricter for newer cars).

2035 the standard is zero emissions. Therefore by default you can’t register a 2035 ICE vehicle in California.

l
Someone who doesn't live in California and is therefore not familiar with CA's special brand of hell when it comes to auto registration laugh reacted you.

He knows better than you Duffy

• Love
Reactions: manbearpig

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
hahaha. My car is not so easy. I decided to open the link. I like the one about Tesla's "self adjusting sideview mirrors." My 85 Vanagon has the "floppy ear syndrome," one of many odd Vanagon maladies. Others include the "Hot Foot Syndrome" and the "Westy Sag Syndrome." The Floppy Ear Syndrome- at high speeds (65-70 mph :roflmao:) the mirrors begin to fold in. My fix was to Gorilla Glue the whole assembly in a fixed position. But all it takes is someone in a parking lot to bump into the mirror and the bond is broken. Next drive- mirrors fold in.

Interesting historical note- my car was made when the national speed limit was 55 mph (imposed by the authoritarian Nixon/Ford regime). So a top speed of 70 was reasonable. :waving:
ps fixed. Ford not Raygun.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
hahaha. My car is not so easy. I decided to open the link. I like the one about Tesla's "self adjusting sideview mirrors." My 85 Vanagon has the "floppy ear syndrome," one of many odd Vanagon maladies. Others include the "Hot Foot Syndrome" and the "Westy Sag Syndrome." The Floppy Ear Syndrome- at high speeds (65-70 mph :roflmao:) the mirrors begin to fold in. My fix was to Gorilla Glue the whole assembly in a fixed position. But all it takes is someone in a parking lot to bump into the mirror and the bond is broken. Next drive- mirrors fold in.

Interesting historical note- my car was made when the national speed limit was 55 mph (imposed by the authoritarian Reagan regime). So a top speed of 70 was reasonable. :waving:
Sorry man, that was another authoritarian that did that

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

l
The less transplants the better.

Let's get the population down to 8 million.

California will succeed due to migratory eugenics. :beer:

• Love
Reactions: One-Off

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Interesting historical note- my car was made when the national speed limit was 55 mph (imposed by the authoritarian Nixon/Ford regime). So a top speed of 70 was reasonable. :waving:
ps fixed. Ford not Raygun.
I bet if that broke-down in the middle of an overland passage through outer Mongolia, you and your passengers could get it working again.

Since you're mechanically inclined, why don't you drop mid five figures on one and give us an ownership report? The other dumb poors on here aren't equal to the task.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I bet if that broke-down in the middle of an overland passage through outer Mongolia, you and your passengers could get it working again.

Since you're mechanically inclined, why don't you drop mid five figures on one and give us an ownership report? The other dumb poors on here aren't equal to the task.
caeafd7545465c656727d64f401706dc--so-true-volkswagen-beetle.jpg

There are some funny bumpers stickers for Vanagons.

I bought my van from a retired JPL engineer. I put this on the back. Notice the license plate frame. I thought it was a good juxtaposition but no one notices it.
1794907 2.jpg

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
And Clinton repealed it?
When the Republicans took over Congress for the first time in several decades during the Clinton administration the first law they passed made federal employment laws apply to congress and their staff (they were exempt up until then) and I believe the second or third law they passed was repealing the federal 55 mph speed limit.

It passed with a veto proof majority so Clinton in essence had nothing to do with it.

“The repeal has drawn disapproval of safety advocates but the legislation passed the House without opposition and won Senate approval 80-16.”