California, who are the lunatics in charge?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Same.

I don't know what an "ev plan" is but my SDG&E bill typically runs between $20 - $30/month.

My last bill was $27, which is what I normally pay.

I don't see why everyone else's seems to be doubling.
Ev plan has higher peak rates but drops down to $.11/kWh from midnight to 6. I charge my car then.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Leaving California was easy and gets easier when I see crap like this…get ready for a lithium battery apocalypse.

Keep digging, Sacramento. You'll find what you deserve.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Same.

I don't know what an "ev plan" is but my SDG&E bill typically runs between $20 - $30/month.

My last bill was $27, which is what I normally pay.

I don't see why everyone else's seems to be doubling.
An EV plan is a "premium-mediocre" benefit/handout to the midwit managerial class who can't otherwise afford the top-tier energy rates they use to charge their EVs.

Much of your rate depends on your usage since there are 3 tiers. If you run your A/C and other stuff, you're quickly in the top tier where you pay $.40/kWh in the summer. There was an article on the local news where SDGE had automatically-enrolled a lot of people in some other power-buying plan that doubled their rates from that.

At any rate, i have solar, don't run my A/C and don't have an EV so I pay very little or often get a rebate. However, I've found that the power generation capacity has been continually going down and they're always re-jiggering rates and peak usage hours in a "heads they win/tails you lose" whether you have solar or use a lot of power.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
…and can never get fired or be held accountable for the “unintended” consequences of their rules.

Unelected, unnamed, unaccountable.
I looked at CARB's website yesterday and it's obviously a religious cult. They were awarding "luminaries" in climate science, for example - oracles or priests. Cults can continue to exist as long as they don't get too badly athwart reality, but most end grimly. That's what's going to happen here. The current electrical generation capacity, lack of public transportation (or power to run it), cost of new EVs, and their SWaP and range don't pencil-out into a replacement for ICEs. The CARB cult can say whatever WEF-aligning thing it wants for now but costs are already skyrocketing for normies who don't have $30-40k + $300/month to pay for the latest premium-mediocre managerial status symbol. Ironically, all this seems to be hastening the collapse of neoliberal managerial capitalism. The midwit managerial class can't afford their own symbols without handouts and are pushing austerity on the lower classes who mostly already have it and are barely hanging on.

BTW, ex-Western countries see what's happening to the West and are pivoting away from the arrangements of the post-WWII era.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I looked at CARB's website yesterday and it's obviously a religious cult. They were awarding "luminaries" in climate science, for example - oracles or priests.
I’ve been dealing with CARB almost daily for 20 years.

They actually were on balance a pretty good group of people doing good work.

Then around 2008-2009 they switched focus from air pollution to Climatechangeism and have since gone off the rails. In many cases their obsession with co2 has work against the original goal of reducing air pollution.

Their stance on natural gas and thermal oxidizers are just two examples.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You don’t get it. There will never be enough electricity/materials to replace the current fleet of ICE vehicles.

That’s the whole point.

Mobility is freedom. Mobility is self sufficient.
Bingo

Also look how many controls and "driving aids" are built into these cars. Hell, Teslas do OTA updates unknowingly

People don't think those are to help them, do they?

This is the same reason why the Globalists have such a boner for trains, mobility is freedom, mobility is self-sufficiency

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Bingo

Also look how many controls and "driving aids" are built into these cars. Hell, Teslas do OTA updates unknowingly

This is the same reason why the Globalists have such a boner for trains, mobility is freedom, mobility is self-sufficiency
Wow.

B AFRADE

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Bingo

These "driving aids" pigeonhole people to turn their instincts and situational awareness off and carry those habits into their daily lives. Heroin addicts are less on the nod.

Just make Faraday cages out of every car with only ability to call 911.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Bingo

Just curious, what do you think the updates are doing? Are they like the microwave ovens spying on us? :roflmao:

I would love to have a blind spot alert and back up camerain my 1985 VW . Maybe emergency braking too.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
An EV plan is a "premium-mediocre" benefit/handout to the midwit managerial class who can't otherwise afford the top-tier energy rates they use to charge their EVs.

Much of your rate depends on your usage since there are 3 tiers. If you run your A/C and other stuff, you're quickly in the top tier where you pay $.40/kWh in the summer. There was an article on the local news where SDGE had automatically-enrolled a lot of people in some other power-buying plan that doubled their rates from that.

At any rate, i have solar, don't run my A/C and don't have an EV so I pay very little or often get a rebate. However, I've found that the power generation capacity has been continually going down and they're always re-jiggering rates and peak usage hours in a "heads they win/tails you lose" whether you have solar or use a lot of power.
Psst, if you turn your ac off from 4-9 you’re good. I mean for me there are like 3 weeks a year we run the ac anyway. And my car charging for a month costs about the same as a tank of gas.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Just curious, what do you think the updates are doing? Are they like the microwave ovens spying on us? :roflmao:

I would love to have a blind spot alert and back up camerain my 1985 VW . Maybe emergency braking too.
Its what they can do

These aids are much more than blind spot alert and back up cameras. Which, by the way you can retrofit into your VW very easily

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig