26. how many other non partakers out there?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
for all the stupid sh!t i put in my body and continu to piut in my body - im lucky ive never developed a serious addiction to anything other than ciggies. im very much an out of sight out of mind person.

mad props to all who have and beat it and continue to stay on the up and up. many of my friends lost the fight.

Reactions: Ifallalot

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Years back when I got to Hanalei, a 12 pack of Coors Light was $10.00 a cold pack. Every night after work pounding nails, a twelve went to the gullet, for years ~
I'm pretty lucky to be able to say now days at Thanksgiving, "please pass the gravy", coherently. :p
Cheers to life well lived, to it's fullest Peter.

:cheers::beer::bowdown::jamon:

:waving::shaka:

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I've done restaurant work.

I didn't know you could be clean and sober and do restaurant work. That's kind of amazing.

I remember our owner bringing in an 8ball and dumping it on a salad plate inside the walk-in as an employee benefit. There were no breaks, there was no meal, there was nothing but a ten hour jam. With a few trips to the walk-in to "cut some cheesecake"...

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
Will be 4 years clean and sober on September 8. With the amount of substances I regularly mixed and the things I would do everyday, I would be dead or in prison 100%. I've been surfing since I was 6 or 7, but I don't surf at all when I'm on one like that. Happiest and healthiest I've ever been, getting married in 6 months, and just got back from a trip to CR where I scored 6ft+ Ollie's for 3 hours with 3 other friends. Life's great!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I've done restaurant work.

I didn't know you could be clean and sober and do restaurant work. That's kind of amazing.

I remember our owner bringing in an 8ball and dumping it on a salad plate inside the walk-in as an employee benefit. There were no breaks, there was no meal, there was nothing but a ten hour jam. With a few trips to the walk-in to "cut some cheesecake"...
I remember a time when any job worth having had fringe benefits li dat.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Summer job after graduating high school worked at day/night printing by fig tree and hs bud fellow deadhead also worked with me. One day brought some brownies make the day more fun so we ate a couple. Next he told me not sure which brownie(s) but a least one had liquid lsd mixed with sugar:drowning: fun day at work went really great "useless smile all daze long....

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I quit weed. It really started making me paranoid and is not fun at all. Used to smoke daily. Now I’ll have a hit if I’m with friends at a weekend bbq, one puff enough.

still probably average 10 beers a week

and do some psychedelics every so often

and a bump now and then

north shore man

luckily I can turn it off when I feel like it or I am on a deadline or I feel like my body needs a break, and then I don’t even think about it

ill probably regret it all later

Last edited:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
What is it with weed causing anxiety and paranoia? When I was younger my body used to heave a sigh of relief on that first exhale. I’m pretty sure the zig-zag man has me tattooed on his arm. I can’t handle the sh!t now. No matter what strain or how low the potency. Is it age?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
What is it with weed causing anxiety and paranoia? When I was younger my body used to heave a sigh of relief on that first exhale. I’m pretty sure the zig-zag man has me tattooed on his arm. I can’t handle the sh!t now. No matter what strain or how low the potency. Is it age?
literally changed over night for me. had to cut out Sativas all together. now basically just smoke in the evening/night but i get super introspective for the first 10-15 minutes and then eventually mellow out into an enjoyable experience. nothing puts me to sleep like the stuff tho so its worth that 10 minutes of maybe being uncomfy.