Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I have seen the guy twice in waking life and never said one word to him.

Once was a pretty beating-y paddle out on an overhead, onshore, washing-machine-ish weekday before a pro contest here in Jax Beach. Me, my boss, him, and Asher Nolan were the only people I saw have a go at lunchtime, and suffice to say, Asher and Cormican torched us on the paddle out and in terms of up and riding, different sport.

Once was at Smyrna on a small day he was eyeballing this dude's hot girlfriend.

People who know better than me told me that he does not like big waves. And by big, I mean, I was in Mainland Mexico and asked why I never saw him there with aaaaallllll the other Volusia guys there, and I was told he didn't want it, and almost every day I've been there has been 2.5xOH or less.

I was shocked that someone with his talent had zero interest, but that's what I was told.

I can see that plus his situation making travel less appealing. Ramps galore up the street, super comfy neighborhood, hot bad girls in Daytona, hot weekend girls from Orlando, top of the social totem pole at any bar/house party in the zone...

vs not being into hammering waves and going to the North Shore as a very small-statured haole when it was way more of a sausage fest....

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
actually kinda interested in trying a blacksheep version now but all stock ones online are fcs2. blah

1660767255972.png

Reactions: Aruka

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Checked out a Blacksheep build RNF at a shop after work today. They feel light, like impossibly light. Not sure that’s the direction I wanna go considering my entire quiver is stringered pu right now. Still feels less “airy” than the Lightspeed though, if that makes any sense

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
FWIW, I recently picked up a 5'10" and have only ridden it 5-6 sessions so far in small, shitty Cardiff (worst summer ever), but it feels good. I rode it twice with the trailer and it felt kind of weird, so I took the trailer out and it felt MUCH better. Something about the fin cluster seems off when the trailer is in. Or it could just be me. BTW, I'm 53, 6'0" and 150lbs - which is why I went with a 5'10" -- plus, foam is your friend when you surf Cardiff.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
FWIW, I recently picked up a 5'10" and have only ridden it 5-6 sessions so far in small, shitty Cardiff (worst summer ever), but it feels good. I rode it twice with the trailer and it felt kind of weird, so I took the trailer out and it felt MUCH better. Something about the fin cluster seems off when the trailer is in. Or it could just be me. BTW, I'm 53, 6'0" and 150lbs - which is why I went with a 5'10" -- plus, foam is your friend when you surf Cardiff.
That seems like a lot of foam for your weight. I’m close to your age, height & weight (51, 6’, 165 lbs.) and if I were to get one, I’d probably be looking at the 5’5 again (I had one in 96).

Is Cardiff that soft? I don’t surf down there that often, but I did during the last Camp Shred. I was grabbing pretty standard HPSB’s to demo and most felt pretty good in my normal 27-28L range.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
riding mine as twin only. with the trailer it felt shitty. also looked kinda weird like @isurfcardiff said.
I'm 6'1 x 195 and riding a stock 5'9. I want to go smaller, but maybe I'll just ride this one for awhile as it feels pretty good.
I'm probably going to go custom 5'7 x 20" x 2.6"

Reactions: isurfcardiff