Everyday Sanity Check - Poll

Would you say something to someone who sat in the beach parking lot running their engine for an hour

• Total voters

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
But the health of the environment IS EVERYONE'S business.
Ok. Go tell people to shut off their idling cars. See how that works out for you.

A couple weeks ago a guy was standing in a parking spot at the beach saving it for his crew. Another guy pulled up and said that he can’t just run ahead of the line and steal a spot.

The spot saver walked up to te car window and stabbed the guy in the neck.

So go ahead and confront strangers about their environmental “crimes.”

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think with the right vocal tone and facial expression you could ask the person to turn off his engine.

IT's amazing what people will do if you ask them nicely.

But some people can't.

Reactions: Black

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Ok. Go tell people to shut off their idling cars. See how that works out for you.

A couple weeks ago a guy was standing in a parking spot at the beach saving it for his crew. Another guy pulled up and said that he can’t just run ahead of the line and steal a spot.

I'm an expert of the quick window roll up.

Then I run the guy over Brazil style.

Not only do I teach Fetus Fighting Styles (™) to the unborn, I also teach Car Fu (™).

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK

I do find it strange that the guy who can take out Tyson is afraid to talk to a stranger?:poke:

• Haha
Reactions: kidfury

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014

Dang was that down at the pit?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Hey the internet is full of useful info:

A typical car battery is about 70 amp-hours or 70Ah.

A typical phone battery is about 4000 mAh, i.e. 4Ah.

Amp-hour is the energy stored in a battery per unit output voltage. A mobile phone battery is rated at 4.2V output, while for a car battery, its a little over 12V. Lets assume 12V.

So the total energy stored in a car battery is 70*12 VAh; and for a mobile battery, it’s 4.2*4 VAh. So it can be charged 70*12/(4*4.2)= 50 times.

So now you can tell others too that unless they are charging 50 phones they don't need to run the engine. :)
Hurricane sandy left us without power for a few days, and with a gasoline shortage
my attempts to work from the car did not work Out anywhere near as well as your math suggests it should’ve

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Hurricane sandy left us without power for a few days, and with a gasoline shortage
my attempts to work from the car did not work Out anywhere near as well as your math suggests it should’ve
Not my figures, pulled off the net as stated. Although those figures may be nonsense (feel free to give counter calculations) I'm guessing you didn't do any measurements at the time, things can appear different to what actual measurements show (see end statement). Your battery may have been low/old or you may have a short. Real world situations never live up to theory, that's what I tell the wife but she's not impressed either! :)

Last edited: