Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Yeah, my flare is such a killer. Shreds the small stuff but has so much spice. I'm honestly not sure how he managed to create a shape that does so much so well.
had a blast on mine this a.m. down at creek. some steep pitchy peaks this a.m. on the drsined tide and she ate that sh!t up. when in doubt - the flare is always coming out.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Reactions: JTS

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
years later...had a flare...liked it...sure as hell liekd it..but didnt LOVE it......several years later rode a buddy's flare...VERY undersized for my weight...but dear god the thing just DID IT. loose....fast....drive...the whole fuggign enchilada

Reactions: ChaseTMP and Aruka

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Has anyone ridden a Sultwinn? I’m thinking of getting a longer twin fin and am deciding between one from Tim or an Album townsend
I have a 6'9" Sultwinn. Ordered it for a winter spot that holds a healthy swell but has a pretty soft take off before
getting heavy on the inside. Long, long paddles getting back out. Boar fcuks that spot hard.
I've also ridden it in waist high lined up summer conditions and it's a ton of fun when ridden properly. Easy in, fast
trimmer, and step to the back for loosy goose turns. Good times for sure.
Talk to Tim about the conditions you want it for and he'll dial it in. He suggested blunting the tail a touch and we
decided on a twin + trailer to expand the range. You really can't go wrong with his shapes.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
I have a 6'9" Sultwinn. Ordered it for a winter spot that holds a healthy swell but has a pretty soft take off before
getting heavy on the inside. Long, long paddles getting back out. Boar fcuks that spot hard.
I've also ridden it in waist high lined up summer conditions and it's a ton of fun when ridden properly. Easy in, fast
trimmer, and step to the back for loosy goose turns. Good times for sure.
Talk to Tim about the conditions you want it for and he'll dial it in. He suggested blunting the tail a touch and we
decided on a twin + trailer to expand the range. You really can't go wrong with his shapes.
You forgot to add the board pron pic

Last edited:
Reactions: MathDebater