L.A. Drivers ... R.I.P. Anne Heche

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Its the general lawlessness of the dystopia that is LA
People that live there just don't see it. You'd be amazed the level of dysfunction people can get used to and how they'll attack anyone who notices the dysfunction. This is why Jesus warned you not to cast your pearls before swine lest they turn and attack you.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
And you believe what they told ya.

Isn’t lawlessness the foundation of libertarianism? Yet all you do is cry about it.
I appreciate you quoting the most sold-out band to ever exist and doubling down with a fundamental misunderstanding of libertarianism, while simultaneously denying anecdotal evidence that you yourself just posted

Never change

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
there's been reports and interviews of anne heche having a mental disorder for a long time. she was an outspoken "i'm sober" celebrity. that doesn't always help. when those types eventually relapse, the ways they get sober take a hit as "not working." but there's more to this. anne came from a severely disturbing childhood. her early childhood trauma and abuse formed a very disturbed human. add in celebrity, being a lesbian, fame, recognizability, and having an insanely famous domestic partner, and it all added up to the sad end you see today.
people blame lack of, or poor access to mental health services, but had she wanted it, anne could have afforded the best care in the world. wanted it. that's the key thing here. the media told her she was rich, and famous, and beautiful. the fans thought she was a goddess. inside, she probably didn't feel that way. being that famous is sometimes as bad as having nothing. you have more observable outward comforts, but inside, who knows how miserable and scared and alone she may have been? she's dead. that's really fucked up. but we have to argue about a dude who smashes a surfboard. yeah, i'm guilty of that, too, but anne, rip. you never really stood a chance. and for that, i am sorry.

N2Stock

OTF status
Mar 13, 2022
And you believe what they told ya.

Isn’t lawlessness the foundation of libertarianism? Yet all you do is cry about it.
not at all how many years have you been on here and you still don't understand a simple concept?

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Not sure if this is just an LA thing or more expansive but ever since lockdown and the pandemic, driving laws seem optional. The amount of flagrant traffic violations I witness on a daily basis is astonishing. I’m not just talking about rolling stop signs or rolling right turns on red. I’m talking speeding the wrong way down one way streets, passing cars into oncoming traffic on busy city streets, running red lights without stopping or slowing, people doing donuts in intersections, you name it. Almost every time I leave the house over the last few years I see some kinda wild ass disregard for traffic laws that can only be seen as intentional.
Have you been in a coma? California doesn't enforce the law. It's their policy, until all of a sudden it isn't after too many people get hurt.

But judging by the speed of this chick's car, she was absolutely wasted, on some sort of suicidal bender, or both.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
I assumed Scissorin' Psycho Sally also had The Sads. To be quite honest this isn't hitting me anywhere as hard as GG's death.
so, as a five finger fister, you can say you assume something, based on sexual proclivity? i can't wait to read your dissertation.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Have you been in a coma? California doesn't enforce the law. It's their policy, until all of a sudden it isn't after too many people get hurt.

But judging by the speed of this chick's car, she was absolutely wasted, on some sort of suicidal bender, or both.
Or she was from Texas!

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Or she was from Texas!

But let's not forget, that the idiot in the mercedes, who killed six people including an infant and pregnant mother- was black.

Now whatcha got?

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
But let's not forget, that the idiot in the mercedes, who killed six people including an infant and pregnant mother- was black.

Now whatcha got?
in the words of @Ifallalot…

When in doubt....

RASSSSSSSSSS

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
suicide on public streets....:cursing:
Pretty much that or a severe (cocaine induced?) psychotic episode. Thankfully no one else was killed.

I often wonder what it would be like to have achieved her level of success in the industry. Ie one movie famous. I would think it would really suck if you stayed in the business.

Very sad all around especially for the kids.
RIP Anne Heche

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
I work in heavy highway, meaning on freeways. I usually start around midnight, because it's safer! Get all the equipment in the center median, then start working the shoulders. It is my opinion that you have to be a complete fvckup to get pulled over these days. The signs that show a cars speed are just a waste of time. Nobody looks at them and I've witnessed CHP and city police hauling ass through a construction zone. There is no enforcement.
If it makes you feel better I look at them and actually adjust my speed if I'm over. :jamon: