New CDC covid guidelines….

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Last night I was listening to the radio and the top of the hour news came on and they were saying something to the effect of that they now want you to get tested three times within 48 hours????? Are they having trouble keeping the case numbers up or something?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Not really.

I think it’s good the guidance evolves with the data and the government begins to shift as well.
Horrible take. They never had any data that the vaccines stopped transmission or infection. They had 2000 years of data that previously infected people have immunity.

Reactions: GromsDad

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I’m never going to forget what they did. Nor will I ever forgive them.

And I’m not bitching, I’m gloating.
That you were right? All of it was a farce?
Fck man, take a step back maybe put it in a historical perspective of past pandemics.
Why couldn't it have gone really bad?
That it didn't is something to gloat about, either because of steps taken or it wasn't meant to be.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’m never going to forget what they did. Nor will I ever forgive them.

And I’m not bitching, I’m gloating.
Wasn’t it you who was sure that the mask mandate was coming back to LA, I think in August. You were all “wait and see, it’s coming back”

When you’re wrong, do you ever consider how much faith you should put into your next scary prediction?

• Dislike
Reactions: PRCD

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Horrible take. They never had any data that the vaccines stopped transmission or infection. They had 2000 years of data that previously infected people have immunity.
You mean the type immunity that allows us to be infected by the flu every year?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
You mean the type immunity that allows us to be infected by the flu every year?
Precisely!!!

I can't imagine how *anyone* would listen to the CDC after the endless stream of bullshit they've pushed.

Telling people to get a flu shot and then 3 follow-on boosters of that same exact flu shot formula designed for an extinct variant of a rapidly mutating virus.

So dumb.

That initial flu shot saved a lot of elderly lives. That was good. Giving it to kids who have already been infected and recovered is malpractice.

Last edited:
Reactions: kpd73 and Clayster

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Wasn’t it you who was sure that the mask mandate was coming back to LA, I think in August. You were all “wait and see, it’s coming back”

When you’re wrong, do you ever consider how much faith you should put into your next scary prediction?
The mask mandate was attempted. The County Health Department led by that ghoul finally backed down when multiple mayors and city councils were refusing. She realized she had lost her power

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
I think it was wrong to make big bold claims in the absence of data so early on and then ffwd to today, walk back on those claims to say “I didn’t say or do that”.

don’t conflate my remarks that I agree with what was done.

the principled approach to make policy based on data wasn’t followed. Politics at play.

i mostly agree with the actions in 2020 but as data showed the vaccine would perform more similarly to that of influenza and treatment options improved, began to disagree.

Reactions: sizzld1

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The mask mandate was attempted. The County Health Department led by that ghoul finally backed down when multiple mayors and city councils were refusing. She realized she had lost her power
She also got photographed at a sporting event wearing one around her arm.

The issue boils down to burden of proof - people who mindlessly follow factually-incorrect narratives in the press feel like they have none and get to be narrative plankton. Anyone who thinks truth is more important than narrative gets called to account for every time they're wrong even if they're factually correct much more than the narrative.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think it was wrong to make big bold claims in the absence of data so early on and then ffwd to today, walk back on those claims to say “I didn’t say or do that”.
The trial endpoints did not measure infection and transmission. It was evil to terrorize the unvaccinated as disease spreaders at all, but much more so when the government never had any data on this. Later (April) Rochelle Walensky's colleague at Harvard Marc Lipsitch cooked-up a dubious model on the vaccines' reduction on infection that turned out to be wrong. This is a form of lying.

i mostly agree with the actions in 2020 but as data showed the vaccine would perform more similarly to that of influenza and treatment options improved, began to disagree.
You don't agree with the approach taken but agree with the dubious, anti-scientific data-free actions in 2020. Got it.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
oh Really? So you can’t get Covid twice?

did they gave any data that showed infected people could die?