L.A. Drivers ... R.I.P. Anne Heche

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
I work in heavy highway, meaning on freeways. I usually start around midnight, because it's safer! Get all the equipment in the center median, then start working the shoulders. It is my opinion that you have to be a complete fvckup to get pulled over these days. The signs that show a cars speed are just a waste of time. Nobody looks at them and I've witnessed CHP and city police hauling ass through a construction zone. There is no enforcement.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I work in heavy highway, meaning on freeways. I usually start around midnight, because it's safer! Get all the equipment in the center median, then start working the shoulders. It is my opinion that you have to be a complete fvckup to get pulled over these days. The signs that show a cars speed are just a waste of time. Nobody looks at them and I've witnessed CHP and city police hauling ass through a construction zone. There is no enforcement.
I agree. Late on any night of the week LA seems to be full of drunk drivers. I've had many people from out of town make the same comment about it. Can be a little scary ay times driving the 110 south through DTLA late at night.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My friend the cop likes to say the only people out driving after midnight are drunks and punks. Not entirely true but pretty much.

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
I agree. Late on any night of the week LA seems to be full of drunk drivers. I've had many people from out of town make the same comment about it. Can be a little scary ay times driving the 110 south through DTLA late at night.
On the job I was on last, we had an operating engineer doing the K rail layout for a closure. So the freeway went from 4 lanes to 2. This is a major closure, so there are a lot of people and equipment spread out. Anyway, a drunk decided he didn’t want to wait to merge. He turned off his headlights, which defeats the reflective stripes on a vest, and hit this man going about 50. There is a memorial cross right by the Audi dealer in Ontario on the 10 west with his name on it. From what I have heard, the driver is being charged with 2nd degree murder. Yeah, lots of drunks.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
13 prior car smashes, and a history of serious mental health issues, but she's working in Ca. as an ICU nurse?

I'm guessing no one did a background check on her?
I want to know how she got car insurance in the first place!

I was blown away by the massive increase in driving stupidity in SoCal over the last 2 years. Hell down there. It took me longer to drive from West LA to Forest Falls than it did to actually hike to the top of San Gorgonio. :roflmao:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
13 prior car smashes, and a history of serious mental health issues, but she's working in Ca. as an ICU nurse?

I'm guessing no one did a background check on her?
That's who they can get in CA now. I'd take a jab at why there's a nurse shortage, but I don't want to start any controversy ;) Anyways, definitely try to avoid the ICU or any medical care in this state.

Reactions: Rlacey111

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Traveling nurses make $$$$$. Tough job but if you are young and single and have a little financial discipline you can do it for 3-4 years and walk away with a hundred grand in the bank.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
On the job I was on last, we had an operating engineer doing the K rail layout for a closure. So the freeway went from 4 lanes to 2. This is a major closure, so there are a lot of people and equipment spread out. Anyway, a drunk decided he didn’t want to wait to merge. He turned off his headlights, which defeats the reflective stripes on a vest, and hit this man going about 50. There is a memorial cross right by the Audi dealer in Ontario on the 10 west with his name on it. From what I have heard, the driver is being charged with 2nd degree murder. Yeah, lots of drunks.
That's horrible. Sorry to hear about your co-worker. Be safe out there.

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
I live near the epicenter of shitty driving, Glendale. I have a few theories about what's going on. First of all, the cops aren't doing sh!t. You can run a red light right in front of them, and they won't react. Second, there's a whole subculture of little dipshits who think they're race car drivers because they bought a fast car on credit and they've seen all the Fast and Furious movies. The combination of mindless aggression, arrogance and stunning incompetence is really something, plus some of these "street racer" fuckheads are cops, so there's maybe a feeling of impunity there. Then there's the fact that everyone hates each other and thinks they're more important than anyone else, plus everyone knows there are no consequences for sh!t driving anymore.

So you've got hordes of dipshits playing with their phones sharing the same roads with wannabe race drivers and entitled fuckheads who think wherever they're going is more important than anyone else's safety, and you've got the carnival of bullshit that I deal with every day. Add to that the legions of insane people pushing shopping carts of flaming garbage down the street, sometimes while naked, and, well, it's really something.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I live near the epicenter of shitty driving, Glendale. I have a few theories about what's going on. First of all, the cops aren't doing sh!t. You can run a red light right in front of them, and they won't react. Second, there's a whole subculture of little dipshits who think they're race car drivers because they bought a fast car on credit and they've seen all the Fast and Furious movies. The combination of mindless aggression, arrogance and stunning incompetence is really something, plus some of these "street racer" fuckheads are cops, so there's maybe a feeling of impunity there. Then there's the fact that everyone hates each other and thinks they're more important than anyone else, plus everyone knows there are no consequences for sh!t driving anymore.

So you've got hordes of dipshits playing with their phones sharing the same roads with wannabe race drivers and entitled fuckheads who think wherever they're going is more important than anyone else's safety, and you've got the carnival of bullshit that I deal with every day. Add to that the legions of insane people pushing shopping carts of flaming garbage down the street, sometimes while naked, and, well, it's really something.
ARE YOU ARMENIAN

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Years ago I was on a job repairing a major water main that runs under the 215 in Las Vegas just east of the Las Vegas Blvd overpass. Our excavation pit was pretty close to the freeway shoulder so we has K rail on the shoulder for a couple of hundred feet in each direction. At least once a day some one would either hit the K rail or come close to hitting and swerve at the last minute. We were doing night work and within a three hour span four cars hit the barrier. All but two of people that hit the barrier were arrested for DUI. The cops said for some reason, K rail is a magnet for drunk drivers.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
SHE DID NOT DIE. Of course, now there are mental health issues to boot!
Brianna Kupfer's killer is claiming mental health issues too. :violin::violin::violin:

That just means the DA doesn't want to prosecute. The LA DA used to roll hard. My friend Ethan still works there as a deputy and he's a tough mofo - one of the first wave of guys to be a BJJ black belt here: