Bugmen will eat bugs

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
so are you guys mad at Cracker Barrel too?
A brand new strip mall went in a few years ago in Santa Maria CA (Santa Barbara County). Lots of trendy quick service restaurants went in, as expected, but they even built a brand new Cracker Barrel. I'm still scratching my head about that one :unsure:

FTR I've never eaten at one.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A brand new strip mall went in a few years ago in Santa Maria CA (Santa Barbara County). Lots of trendy quick service restaurants went in, as expected, but they even built a brand new Cracker Barrel. I'm still scratching my head about that one :unsure:

FTR I've never eaten at one.
Order the country fried steak

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Back to the topic of why the want you eating bugs:

I saw some other headline that Russia and China weren't exporting any fertilizer and another poll that half of Europeans blame their own governments for the "crisis" with Russia. Seems to me that rather than admit they effed-up in provoking Russia and now China, they're using the squid ink of, "We're cutting fertilizer for the climate." As we've seen the last two years with COVID, lying by government officials only undermines trust in government.

Reactions: Ifallalot

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Where do you even find this crap?
The news, actually - where else? Saw a couple of stories about Cracker Barrel (and it's Impossible sausage, not burgers, my bad), and immediately thought of the gang here at the Cultural Grievance Warrior clubhouse :cheers:

Does this item not fit into your Grand Unified Theory of the decline of Western Civilization and the modern male?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
no doubt, the food is awful, in the finest Southern tradition. but the snowflakes are upset because Cracker Barrel is serving Impossible burgers...isn't that a trigger for this circle jerk?
Now we know to never, ever take you seriously for saying Cracker Barrel is awful, but honest question here

do you actually believe the impossible sausage at Cracker Barrel is market-driven? Once you figure this out, you’ll start to realize why the whole thing is problematic

or, even easier, you can drop anything you can
discount as conspiracy theory and go straight to the WEF website

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It was the afternoon in Florida.

But I'm glad you acknowledge that between getting a larger-than normal raise due to inflation, and CVX and ET balling out, and living .5 miles from work, and a few hundy yards from the beach, and not even a decent sushi dinner power bill, and so on, inflation doesn't mean sh!t to me. Kind of like a pronoun in an email signature or twitter bio.

But inflation does more keenly effect people who live paycheck to paycheck and such, and it's way more important than being triggered by pronouns.

Person who would get drop-kicked by Lena Dunham detected. Take a closeout. There is no universe in which calling this bugmen thing complete bullshit is the weird post relative to the bugmen post.
It’s so cute you pretend it doesn’t affect you.

maybe if you say it enough it will come true?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
do you actually believe the impossible sausage at Cracker Barrel is market-driven? Once you figure this out, you’ll start to realize why the whole thing is problematic
i know that if it sells, they will keep it and if it doesn't, they won't. won't that answer your question too? Or does this automatically qualify as evidence in your Grand Unified Theory of Whatever you guys are worried about?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Here's how it works. Cracker Barrel is in the business of making money. They do this by selling to customers foods they want to buy. Sometimes their market research teams decide to introduce new foods that they think existing customers want to buy, or to entice new customers to coming into their stores to spend money. It costs a lot of money to introduce a new product so I am sure they did their homework first to mitigate unnecessary financial risks. I did not major in business but I think they call this BUS 101.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
so are you guys mad at Cracker Barrel too?
the snowflakes are upset because Cracker Barrel is serving Impossible burgers...isn't that a trigger for this circle jerk?
Where do you even find this crap?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
WTF is cracker barrel?

I'll take it for my new death metal redneck tranny quintet band name in the meantime.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
That's it... I'm going to Cracker Barrel to try this newfangled food and see what all the fuss is about!

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
so for the bug eating, what’s the timeline for when meat isn’t going to be available?
a couple of years?
decades?
longer?