Is Alex Jones a hero to trumpers?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The vehicle population of the little island I live on breaks down into two basic categories:

A. 1% ers with stupid money.
B. Residents and visitors with incomes under $200K

Guess who drives around in EVs
"under 200k" is pretty stupid money for most people.

If they don't drive EVs, it's only because they don't want to.

EVs are not luxury cars.
Plenty that are priced under $30k new.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
"under 200k" is pretty stupid money for most people.

If they don't drive EVs, it's only because they don't want to.

EVs are not luxury cars.
Plenty that are priced under $30k new.
Household income of $200k is not stupid money in the northEast with husband and wife working.
I'm only relaying what I see. Typical house you'll see a Tesla or two parked in front of is worth at least 1.3 million dollars. Status cars. Same people would have had a 911 parked in the driveway a couple years back.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Household income of $200k is not stupid money in the northEast with husband and wife working.
I'm only relaying what I see. Typical house you'll see a Tesla or two parked in front of is worth at least 1.3 million dollars. Status cars. Same people would have had a 911 parked in the driveway a couple years back.
$200k a year is a lot of money in California, let alone New Jersey.

Again, people who earn much less drive more expensive cars.

There are plenty EVs that are cheaper than Tesla and even a Tesla can be had for $40k.

It's just a narrative you created.

Reactions: Hump

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Coastal elite? We used to call my neighborhood the surfer ghetto. I'm just one of a handful of holdouts who haven't cashed out on real-estate that we bought for cheap in the first half of the 90s.

Any time you hear a wipeepo saying they live in a "ghetto", you should be very skeptical.

Some demographics for your "ghetto":

~90% white

Median home value ~$573,000

Median income ~$87,000

8.8% poverty rate

71% owner-occupied housing units

SO MUCH GHETTO:
Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 1.41.32 PM.png

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Any time you hear a wipeepo saying they live in a "ghetto", you should be very skeptical.

Some demographics for your "ghetto":

~90% white

Median home value ~$573,000

Median income ~$87,000

8.8% poverty rate

71% owner-occupied housing units

SO MUCH GHETTO:
View attachment 135312
Coastal elite? We used to call my neighborhood the surfer ghetto. I'm just one of a handful of holdouts who haven't cashed out on real-estate that we bought for cheap in the first half of the 90s.
The least you could do if you're going to post a zillow screenshot from my town is get one from a desirable part of town. That area sucks. Too many duplexes and parking is a nightmare.

Read again what I wrote. When I bought my house in the first half of the 90s my neighborhood "USED TO" BE PAST TENSE known as the surfer ghetto. It was not a great neighborhood when I bought here but it was affordable at the beach. Almost everyone cashed out in the early 2000s when properties like mine suddenly went from selling for under $100k to close to $500k. My 60s split level house went from being one of the nicest houses among a bunch of run down duplexes and boarded up beach houses to surrounded by brand new McBeachMansions between 2000 and 2007. Now new houses on my block built on lots half the size of mine are selling for $1.3 million. Someday I'll split my lot in two and retire.

This screen shot is more like it. See the price tags on those narrow lots? Its gone insane since the year 2000. I'm just a poor old toner salesman who stepped in some sh!t by buying at the right place at the right time almost 30 years ago.

Capture.jpg

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
"House rich and cash poor" is something you hear a lot in any expoensive coastal area. Usually spoken only by longtime residents.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The least you could do if you're going to post a zillow screenshot from my town is get one from a desirable part of town. That area sucks. Too many duplexes and parking is a nightmare.

Read again what I wrote. When I bought my house in the first half of the 90s my neighborhood "USED TO" BE PAST TENSE known as the surfer ghetto. It was not a great neighborhood when I bought here but it was affordable at the beach. Almost everyone cashed out in the early 2000s when properties like mine suddenly went from selling for under $100k to close to $500k. My 60s split level house went from being one of the nicest houses among a bunch of run down duplexes and boarded up beach houses to surrounded by brand new McBeachMansions between 2000 and 2007. Now new houses on my block built on lots half the size of mine are selling for $1.3 million. Someday I'll split my lot in two and retire.

This screen shot is more like it. See the price tags on those narrow lots? Its gone insane since the year 2000. I'm just a poor old toner salesman who stepped in some sh!t by buying at the right place at the right time almost 30 years ago.

View attachment 135321

So, you're a costal elite. Thanks for proving my point.

So is Hal the 2nd whitey to say he's not white?
Oh, no. I admit I'm white and live in a neighborhood that is now considered "rich". I don't have any illusions about the fact that I've done well for myself so far in life. I have nothing to complain about and everything to be thankful for.

"House rich and cash poor" is something you hear a lot in any expoensive coastal area. Usually spoken only by longtime residents.

who don't want admit that they're Richie Rich from Richtown.

Reactions: Hump and Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Bingo. I paid $68,500 for it. Its flat out bizarre to me that the prices have done what they've done here. And my father thought I was wasting my life being a surfer.

Picture below is from the day 20 some odd years ago when my property value quadrupled in a single day. It also gives you an idea of what the neighborhood was like in the 90s when I bought the house. Those two cinder block buildings were a dump rental on the far side and the one closer was a "luncheonette". People bust my stones about my town being dry but I can assure you it is anything but. That luncheonette was a speakeasy for the local lowlifes. The payphone that was beside the building was the hub of crack and heroin deals back then. I could listen in at night to desperate addicts trying to score and then watch the deals go down when the dealer showed up. That property was a real shitshow. So many stories I could tell about the goings on across the street and the sleepless nights with barfights and arguments going on right outside our bedroom window. Its largely because of that shitshow that I was able to buy my house for peanuts. I was a young surfer though and all I cared about was that I could ride my bike to surf.

Around 1998 a developer began buying all of the properties he could in my neighborhood and bought 7 consecutive lots on the opposite side of the street from me and 3 on my side of the street. The owner of those two cinderblock buildings knew he had the developer by the ballz and would not sell. That guy knew the rest of the properties the developer had already purchased weren't worth much without his DUMP. He held out until the developer gave in and sold those two cinder block buildings for over $400,000.

By the summer of 2004 my entire neighborhood had transformed. Where those cinder block buildings were now sits a house worth over a million dollars and one after another down the street. I stepped in it. GENTRIFICATION I think they call that.

My wife and I were cheering, taking pictures and videotaping as they demolished that shithole!!!!!

2004_0516boat0002.JPG

Reactions: Hump

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
poor people don't play golf at country clubs and sportsfish offshore.
Having a mortgage locked in at under $500 a month plus taxes and insurance lets you live a pretty good lifestyle. Regarding sportfishing I bought a boat I could afford, built my hours and became a licensed captain. Then I bought a slightly bigger boat and built a reputation of catching fish, made contacts with big boats and a few years later I was captaining a 50-foot sportfisher when they needed me. Parlayed that into a gig running a sportfisher for the president of a pretty big corporation for 8 years. Golf became an addiction that grew out of my job.

Reactions: Hump and Mr Doof

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What does that have to do with the price of real estate in coastal new Jersey?
Everything, seeing as how median household income in New Jersey is $85k and Cape May County is among the least-densely populated counties in New Jersey and almost all the wealthiest towns (except Rumson) are across the Hudson from NYC, in BFE around Princeton, or in BFE Essex County.

My only conclusion is that every single commuter or homeowner with a place "downashaw" has a second shift in Philly or NYC blowing dudes to afford to live in the Garden State.

Let's check in with Captain Partisan Hack himself:

Durham explicitly stated in the Danchenko indictment that the Clinton campaign didn't direct, and wasn't aware of, Dolan's activities regarding the dossier.

Last edited: