Weight loss is harder than rocket science.

May 24, 2020
This is clearly marked. In fact, when I remember how much effort and nerve I spent on achieving my ideal and healthy weight, I think that rocket science is much easier. For rocket science, some clear rules and plans always work, while to lose weight, there is no perfect formula or plan. Even if it seems to you that you have found it, then literally in a week, this will no longer help. It is, of course, very difficult. However, despite all the difficulties, I achieved my ideal weight with the help of the application from https://reverse.health/. In this application, everything is tailored specifically to the person and his features, and everything is constantly adjusted. So I lost weight.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I love watching grown men talking about their eating disorders.
It's my favorite topic.

Here is my deal.

IF you have body dysmorphia and you are still not low body fat, it's like the saying "Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I am down 25 lbs from my peak. Went off a meal plan in March that was 75% plant based and now 75% organic frass fed beef and wild caught fish based. Just got blood work done and my cholesterol dropped from 200 to 191. LDL was 121. HDL was a little low at 34 which is surprising due to my increase in healthy fats. I shoot a tablespoon of MCT oil every day and eat olives and one avocado in addition to a high polyphenol olive oil. Nothing to worry about though according to my doctor. My testosterone did not change much after one year of resistance training, multiple supplements and getting direct sunlight on my balls 3 or 4 times a week. It is still around 500 which is decent for a 52 year old. I eat alot of fruit and am in a calorie defecit most weeks. I see my abs again for the first time since 2008.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I can't afford to lose weight, but I stopped eating breakfast to intermittent fast for 16 hours/day (8:00 pm to 12 pm next day). I dropped about 8 lbs since I started about a month ago.

Went down a huge rabbit hole listening to David Sinclair's (Harvard geneticist) podcast on longevity. He eats only dinner.

I've been eating more plant based, avocados, salads, etc. Can't get enough calories in just lunch and dinner. I don't know how Sinclair does it.

Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Been running a lot and it is paying massive dividends. Down to 198, dropped 10 pounds in the couple months or so, and feeling damn good. Helps a lot to have much better weather up here (i.e., not already 75 degrees at 8 in the morning) and great places to run right out my door.

Pretty much just eat granola bar and some fruit (bananas, avocados) for breakfast/lunch, meat dish with salad for dinner, keeping the snacking to a bare minimum after dinner. Keep rice/noodles also to minimum (not easy in my house), keep the beer indulgence for the weekends and yeah, seems to be a decent formula. Hope so - Fall is Coming.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can't afford to lose weight, but I stopped eating breakfast to intermittent fast for 16 hours/day (8:00 pm to 12 pm next day). I dropped about 8 lbs since I started about a month ago.

Went down a huge rabbit hole listening to David Sinclair's (Harvard geneticist) podcast on longevity. He eats only dinner.

I've been eating more plant based, avocados, salads, etc. Can't get enough calories in just lunch and dinner. I don't know how Sinclair does it.
Eat more fat.

Make a high calorie shake.

DS looks like a skinny lab guy so I bet he's not going crazy on physical activity.

The main feature of intermittent fasting is it helps you control calories.

You get a lot of the benefits of intermittent fasting by eating low calorie.

I think some people do great eating once a day.

Others don't.

I think it really doesn't matter. It's about what you like.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Eat more fat.

Make a high calorie shake.

DS looks like a skinny lab guy so I bet he's not going crazy on physical activity.

The main feature of intermittent fasting is it helps you control calories.

You get a lot of the benefits of intermittent fasting by eating low calorie.

I think some people do great eating once a day.

Others don't.

I think it really doesn't matter. It's about what you like.
Or just offset it with an occasional 6er/12er as needed.

Reactions: averagejoe

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I like red wine and the occasional chocolate stout, but don't have to worry about drinking too much. I feel dehydrated if I have 2 drinks, so I almost always stop after one.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I like red wine and the occasional chocolate stout, but don't have to worry about drinking too much. I feel dehydrated if I have 2 drinks, so I almost always stop after one.
Good discipline.

When I get dehydrated, I'm thirsty for more. Can be harsh cycle. I did know enough to stop at two Negras the night before hiking that San Berdoo traverse, though. Last thing you'd want even a mild hangover for.

Red wine actually kind of fucks up my digestive system the next morning, especially early.

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Been running a lot and it is paying massive dividends. Down to 198, dropped 10 pounds in the couple months or so, and feeling damn good. Helps a lot to have much better weather up here (i.e., not already 75 degrees at 8 in the morning) and great places to run right out my door.

Pretty much just eat granola bar and some fruit (bananas, avocados) for breakfast/lunch, meat dish with salad for dinner, keeping the snacking to a bare minimum after dinner. Keep rice/noodles also to minimum (not easy in my house), keep the beer indulgence for the weekends and yeah, seems to be a decent formula. Hope so - Fall is Coming.
Bad joke alert....

But all you needed to do was take the 'n' out of your name?

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I don't think you can deny a genetic component. The equation "eat less /consume more (energy)" doe s not factor in the metabolism rate. I came out on the lucky side of that component. My weight has stayed the same since I was in college and I eat like a pig. I am very active but just know that it could be very different. Now I have to be careful because in spite of a healthy weight, my MD says I'm getting close to pre hyper tension, pre diabetes and high cholesterol. I've cut way back on sweets and eliminated alcohol. He said eventually I would have to take cholesterol meds because even though my cholesterol is not going up, my age is and that is part of the calculation.
Bullcrap. Generally speaking, we're only destined for hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, and other common 'aging' issues because of what we eat. But if folks ate an actual healthy diet the food, medical, and pharmaceutical industries would take a huge hit, so rather than living more healthy, we change the definition of normal aging.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Bullcrap. Generally speaking, we're only destined for hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, and other common 'aging' issues because of what we eat. But if folks ate an actual healthy diet the food, medical, and pharmaceutical industries would take a huge hit, so rather than living more healthy, we change the definition of normal aging.
Diet quality is important.

But how much we eat is even more important.

There were no gluten allergies in the death camps.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
The geneticist I mentioned above thinks that our lifespan is only 30% predetermined by our genes; whereas, our environment accounts for the other 70%. He cites the Okinawans as an example:
They are among the longest lived individuals only when they stay in Okinawa. Those that leave and live in Hawaii die much earlier.

Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Went from 6'1 and 218 to 194 since Thanksgiving. Little bit of yogurt with granola in it for breakfast. 2 hard boiled eggs and a handful of dates for lunch. Light dinner (fish and rice most often). The main thing was eliminating stopping for fast food or convenience store food while on the road for work and no soda. Other than weight lifting, 5-mile walks or surfing 6 days a week.