U.S. Open Huntington

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Just took a quick look, kinda like a train wreck.
Is just me or is that the crappiest junk surf I've seen a contest held in.
That uphill river current looks brutal, and the side shore cross chop - no thanks.
If there was ever an argument to be running the skis ferrying the contestants back out, this is it.

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
That uphill river current looks brutal, and the side shore cross chop - no thanks.
If there was ever an argument to be running the skis ferrying the contestants back out, this is it.
Totally

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
My first heat of a WSA invitational being held on the pier's south side was in head-high plus solid south swell conditions. The rip going north through the pilings was horrendous. This was when you needed three waves, not two like today's scoring. Six surfers is a heat that made it more entertaining, though.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I scored really good waves this morning.

It's LOL these guys are stuck in Huntington and the wind has been pretty crappy anywhere within striking distance.:)

Lowers looking subpar too.:ROFLMAO:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You could always join this clown show
2:20 - Really, WTF was this guy thinking!?:crazy2: These are the kinds of people that deserve...to have answers demanded of them, and if need be extracted from them.

10:59 Again, same as above, the rider is facing a slalom course, and in the midst of the slalom some fuckface decides he's going to burn him for absolutely no apparent reason utter than the fact the passler is a complete kook.

jmh

Mar 11, 2002
Looked at the pier cam Mon morning and it was brutal. Close period s swell sets, 90% overhead closeouts, and an arm-burning, relentless current ripping thru the pier piling.The kids that went out in that surf have my full respect. If there wasn't a contest NO ONE would've been out here on the ss. It was dangerous.

Reactions: keenfish

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Looked at the pier cam Mon morning and it was brutal. Close period s swell sets, 90% overhead closeouts, and an arm-burning, relentless current ripping thru the pier piling.The kids that went out in that surf have my full respect. If there wasn't a contest NO ONE would've been out here on the ss. It was dangerous.
I just flipped through the Surflie cam rewind from yesterday.

You're being overly dramatic.

• Haha
Reactions: Swallow Tail