Poast your strenf training program

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
started training again. back tweak much better. rdl and light low bar squats seem to be the ticket. that austin baraki guy knows his chit
I'm getting one of the Renaissance Periodization's strength templates. I'm bored with The Bridge - I need more variety and more deload. They simplify their RPE scale and have four accumulation weeks to one deload week for a 5 week template. I think I know enough from POST to tweak it as I need. It also seems to throw out the phase potentiation that doesn't add much to your powerlifting total but greatly complicates the programming.

1657998255206.png

I'll tell you homies how it goes.

Reactions: Ifallalot and scdad

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I'm getting one of the Renaissance Periodization's strength templates. I'm bored with The Bridge - I need more variety and more deload. They simplify their RPE scale and have four accumulation weeks to one deload week for a 5 week template. I think I know enough from POST to tweak it as I need. It also seems to throw out the phase potentiation that doesn't add much to your powerlifting total but greatly complicates the programming.

View attachment 133870

I'll tell you homies how it goes.
Or just hold off and buy Paul Horns book. It comes out in a couple weeks.

Reactions: Havoc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Or just hold off and buy Paul Horns book. It comes out in a couple weeks.
Thanks, I'll probably get that. SPOST truly has all the answers though. After reading most of the way through it, I think I've developed adaptive resistance due to training too much for strength for over a year without any hypertrophy blocks. I also need more exercise variation. I'm going to try a hypertrophy block with front squats and back squats on squat wedges to target my quads. I lift in VS shoes that already have a high heel lift, but it's not enough to target my quads due to my relatively long German legs and short torso. THis should keep enough specificity towards the power lifts while adding enough variation to overcome the adaptive resistance. Ed Coan approves.

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I will never understand you bozos and your obsession with training like weightlifters and not athletes

No athlete trains like the social media influencers you post here. Athletes strength train to meet specific goals, and "athletically" train specific to their sport. No one trains swinging kettlebells or hammers unless they want to get better at swinging kettlebells or hammers.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
No athlete trains like the social media influencers you post here. Athletes strength train to meet specific goals, and "athletically" train specific to their sport. No one trains swinging kettlebells or hammers unless they want to get better at swinging kettlebells or hammers.
Shows how much you know. Bozo
Reeve, who spent six years at Ohio, was a two-time NCAA All-American and four-time SEC champion wrestler at the University of Tennessee. He began his coaching career at his alma mater serving as assistant wrestling coach/strength coach for wrestling for two years.

He also assisted with wrestling at Oklahoma State, Ohio, and Clemson before serving as head wrestling coach at UT-Chattanooga from 1984-1990 where his teams won five Southern Conference championship titles.

Reeve serves as the Board of Director of the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Association. He is certified through USA Weightlifting, Russian Kettlebell Challenge and is a Master Strength Coach through the National Collegiate Strength Coaches Association.

He was the strength coach for the women's US Rowing team that won four gold medals and one silver in the 1995 World Championships. Ethan was the first director of strength and conditioning at McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee from 1990-1995 where he helped co-coach four state tournament and dual meet championship wrestling teams.

He returned to Ohio in 1995 to become the first director of strength and conditioning at Ohio University working closely with the football program. He also designed and oversaw the construction of the Carin Center, Ohio's athletic strength and conditioning facility.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Proving what? He's a brand with his own "Aw shucks" paid motivational speaking and gimmicks (density training, single-sided exercises), not a scientist.

You answered you're own question though - we're weightlifters not "athletes," whatever that means to peter-puffers of self-promoting gurus like yourself. What happened to your obsession with MAX SHANK?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Proving what? He's a brand with his own "Aw shucks" paid motivational speaking and gimmicks (density training, single-sided exercises), not a scientist.

You answered you're own question though - we're weightlifters not "athletes," whatever that means to peter-puffers of self-promoting gurus like yourself. What happened to your obsession with MAX SHANK?
I thought you were surfers. And surfers were athletes. Whatever. Have fun with your spread sheets. Max is still the man. I’d give VM 10k if he could come close to Max’s one legged DL lol. What I think is funny is everyone worshiping VM and his advice. Someone who like Joe Rogan is so stupid he hurt himself exercising lol.

And for Zac not training athletes? All he does is train HS wrestling studs.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I thought you were surfers. And surfers were athletes. Whatever. Have fun with your spread sheets. Max is still the man. I’d give VM 10k if he could come close to Max’s one legged DL lol. What I think is funny is everyone worshiping VM and his advice. Someone who like Joe Rogan is so stupid he hurt himself exercising lol.

Has it dawned on you that a lot of this kettlebell crap and escalating density training actually falls under the category of "conditioning", ie energy systems work for hybrid athletes like wrestlers whose training focuses on trade-offs between strength and conditioning? My gosh you're easy to sell to. I bet you've bought the entire Dragon Door catalog.

Reactions: Ifallalot

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

Why would I want to deadlift with one leg when I have two good ones? This just underscores the absurdity of every point you try and make here.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Has it dawned on you that a lot of this kettlebell crap and escalating density training actually falls under the category of "conditioning", ie energy systems work for hybrid athletes like wrestlers whose training focuses on trade-offs between strength and conditioning? My gosh you're easy to sell to. I bet you've bought the entire Dragon Door catalog.
Exactly...except when you want to be stronger and more athletic you don't want your GPP work to consume the strength training or practical resources of your specific training or specific practice of the athletic endeavor of your choosing. GPP shouldn't require recovery.

Also..a bunch of random stuff designed to make you fatigued and sweaty isn't GPP.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Exactly...except when you want to be stronger and more athletic you don't want your GPP work to consume the strength training or practical resources of your specific training or specific practice of the athletic endeavor of your choosing. GPP shouldn't require recovery.

Also..a bunch of random stuff designed to make you fatigued and sweaty isn't GPP.
If I'm a coach in most sports, I'm going to probably spend most of my in-season time working on conditioning. Strength takes time to develop and is better done the other 9 months, ie off-season when most athletes train on their own recognizance. Consequently, whatever is said by slapdick strength and conditioning coach at some high school or university doesn't really interest me because I'm a weightlifter, not an in-season athlete.

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
If I'm a coach in most sports, I'm going to probably spend most of my in-season time working on conditioning. Strength takes time to develop and is better done the other 9 months, ie off-season when most athletes train on their own recognizance. Consequently, whatever is said by slapdick strength and conditioning coach at some high school or university doesn't really interest me because I'm a weightlifter, not an in-season athlete.
Most high level athletes have very limited time in the offseason to strength train. The good news is these genetic freaks get very strong very fast. The rest of the time they are preparing for the season...dialing in diet, working on GPP etc. Once the season starts it's diet and practice.

I don't consider myself a weightlifter or an athlete. I'm a guy who understands the benefit of strength training but it resides inside my lifestyle. I don't live my life around it. Fundamentally a barbell is the most basic yet most efficient to build strength. All the other bullshit like kettlebells and stupid human tricks strength is a byproduct. if you want to stronger, strength training should be specific. My time is important to me and I'm looking to get the most bang for a buck as possible. Plus I don't run gear so the program social media influencers promote won't work for me.

Reactions: averagejoe