Pyzel Pyzalien

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I honestly don’t visit the design forum very often. but I keep hearing more and more about your boards, and how sporty and fun and versatile they are.

So I slipped into the design forum this evening for the first time in several months probably, to see what the crew had to say about your recent/current stock lineup. Figured I could find some reviews or what not, so imagine my surprise, a thread dedicated the Pyzalien 2 was right on the front page with the virtuoso himself offering up some input, and of course a ton of stocked reviews

its meant to be
View attachment 134678
So when did you become a staff member @Subway? Did I miss a thread about this?

Reactions: Subway

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

Too weird?
too weird. Have you liked those fins in other boars? I did not have a good experience in anything other than small, mushy waves. I wanted to like the concept, but mine had unpredictable spring+release during turns. Too many blown waves. Still meaning to try them as quad fronts with conventional rears to see if that solved it.

Reactions: jkb

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Too late.

1st surf in hard offshore OH to DOH Point surf.

Felt very, very nice from jump street, smooth with the quad set-up and no weirdness.

Experience went up a notch when I started leaning on turns a notch more---like every other Pyzel I've ridden, it goes better when you give it some stick and surf the thing hard. It loves rail turns.

The thinking for this Pyzalien was as a slightly over-volumed Swiss Army knife to have fun with different fin set-ups while my back rehab is in process.

I've come out of that first surf on it, pretty fcuking pumped.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Too late.

1st surf in hard offshore OH to DOH Point surf.

Felt very, very nice from jump street, smooth with the quad set-up and no weirdness.

Experience went up a notch when I started leaning on turns a notch more---like every other Pyzel I've ridden, it goes better when you give it some stick and surf the thing hard. It loves rail turns.

The thinking for this Pyzalien was as a slightly over-volumed Swiss Army knife to have fun with different fin set-ups while my back rehab is in process.

I've come out of that first surf on it, pretty fcuking pumped.
Wow. mine are a few years old and maybe the material not as stiff as they should be / the newer ones are.
Well, glad they worked for ya. Boar sounds like a good one too!

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Hey @Pyzelsurfboards would you prefer I order a board off your site, or from my local shop. I’m torn. His retail price is only a few bucks more than your website, and I do enjoy spending money at LB Surf, owner and his son are good guys, and it does save the $100 shipping.

So really I’ll do either. I feel like if I buy from my shop, you’ve obviously been paid already for it, and instead of paying fedex to ship me one from your warehouse, I can win-win by buying a modestly marked up board, get the instant gratification of literally having the board that instant (I’m a fan of instant gratification- I’m working on it ;) while supporting both my favorite local retailer and the shaper himself.

That said, memebership on the ErBB comes with privileges so if it’s better for you if I order right from your Website I’ll do so today.:shaka: Luke makes plenty of money in the summer selling beach chairs, bikinis, and sunblock, beingthe only surf/beach shop literally between the train station and the beach. He gets Allll of the insane day-trip beach traffic we get here in summer and early fall
Also I don’t even know if he will have the stock I’m looking for. I’d like to keep it at 6 feet with what looked like a 33.9 liter volume on your site. I don’t know what Luke has on his racks, but I know he has a bunch

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Now we just need some surf.
Looks like another week or two of flatness. Did you get a few yesterday? Was small but plenty fun for a social surf with RG before work, especially for late July

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Looks like another week or two of flatness. Did you get a few yesterday? Was small but plenty fun for a social surf with RG before work, especially for late July
Had a fun longboard session yesterday, hoping for some hurricane swell soon. I did the same thing as you, bought a new board after my Nica trip and it has been flat or tiny ever since and have not ridden it yet, Was thinking about a Pyzalien, seems like great all rounder for our surf.but have a retro fish for most days and the ghost for the rare barrel days.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Hey @Pyzelsurfboards would you prefer I order a board off your site, or from my local shop. I’m torn. His retail price is only a few bucks more than your website, and I do enjoy spending money at LB Surf, owner and his son are good guys, and it does save the $100 shipping.

So really I’ll do either. I feel like if I buy from my shop, you’ve obviously been paid already for it, and instead of paying fedex to ship me one from your warehouse, I can win-win by buying a modestly marked up board, get the instant gratification of literally having the board that instant (I’m a fan of instant gratification- I’m working on it ;) while supporting both my favorite local retailer and the shaper himself.

That said, memebership on the ErBB comes with privileges so if it’s better for you if I order right from your Website I’ll do so today.:shaka: Luke makes plenty of money in the summer selling beach chairs, bikinis, and sunblock, beingthe only surf/beach shop literally between the train station and the beach. He gets Allll of the insane day-trip beach traffic we get here in summer and early fall
Also I don’t even know if he will have the stock I’m looking for. I’d like to keep it at 6 feet with what looked like a 33.9 liter volume on your site. I don’t know what Luke has on his racks, but I know he has a bunch
Luke is the man!

Reactions: Subway

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

HI -- Nice question there. I would prefer that you buy directly from your local shop if they have the board you are looking for. Reasons are
-support the shops that support us
-keep board transportation to a minimum, thus less waste (this is comparing single board shipping vs 5 boards/box)
-instant gratification!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Luke is the man!
Can Confirm :shaka: :jamon:

he said hello to me in the coffee nut last week (I didn’t even see him behind me, dude is like a retired ninja) and he made the mistake of asking me about Mexico just days after I got back, and just as I was downing my 4th coffee of the day.

I warned him in advance, and tried to keep my 4-year-old-with-a-new-puppy monologue to 5 minutes or less. Hard Fail, but I think I kept it under 10 minutes anyway. Had a phone full of pics, I think I only made him look at like 5 of them. He doesn’t know it yet but I’m printing one for his collection of customer pics up in the board racks ;)

He was stocked though, and was also stocked when I told him I had given my smaller daily hypto to the guide in Mexico as a tip/thank you gift, and was thinking of a more agile and sporty Pyzel. Asked him about the stash of Pyzels I had seen when I was last in his shop, just days before Mexico, buying wax and a new leash for the trip

and my goodness it all just came full circle

today was a pretty stressful 14 hour work day, I know exactly what sort of therapy I need tomorrow :jamon::waving: