Thousand Dollar Thrusters

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
OTR white pu/pe with no lams. Usually a few hundred less than the resin + skull lam version.

Maybe they’re just a Mitch’s special.
Oh my bad I was thinking you were responding to my Campbell post. Mine has a red line but it’s 5 years old it was around $700. I guess saying nowhere near 1k was inaccurate.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
OTR white pu/pe with no lams. Usually a few hundred less than the resin + skull lam version.

Maybe they’re just a Mitch’s special.
i thought you were suggesting this was secretly a CC

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I'm not sure why people would bitch about CC surfboard prices.

Isn't he a master shaper who deserves to be paid a fair, livable wage for what he does?

He puts out a quality product, no?

The consumer has a choice to go with him or someone cheaper, right?

Hasn't it been proven time and time again that surfboards are too cheap for the time and effort put into them?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Older Master shapers are the best bang for your buck when you consider experience and quality.

my Malcom Campbell was under 1k with beautiful color and glass job.

CC’s prices have gone way up. My little twin fish from him was nowhere near 1k
CC is in his 50s.

CC's prices have gone way up?

The price of everything has gone way up.

Including the price of living in Southern California (or pretty much anywhere else for that matter).

And I would guess CC is actually paying his taxes.

What's your solution?

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Seems like just yesterday I walked out of CI SB with the sickest Moonlight glassed MTF under my arm.

Had this trippy red white blue USA meets cosmic spray job. Dank af and on sale for I think $350. I can’t remember because weed is tight but I know I laid down 5 bills max

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Seems like just yesterday I walked out of CI SB with the sickest Moonlight glassed MTF under my arm.

Had this trippy red white blue USA meets cosmic spray job. Dank af and on sale for I think $350. I can’t remember because weed is tight but I know I laid down 5 bills max
When was that? I think my pos flyer was 580 back in 2005. I have never seen a moonlight glassed board either thats cool. just krappeson or other trash glassing operations

Reactions: Havoc

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA