YOLO ALERTS

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah for sure. I see overlap between these boards for sure don't see them totally being in the same category.

The Twinsman is much wider, has quite a bit more volume (1.5L I think?), and was kind of ordered to be a grovelor. The Lane Splitter is definitely not a grovelor and meant for fun, punchy waves under HH. I'll still do a comparison for you though.
that was the "squish" version, right? curious how that does on the lower end.

jwd

Nov 24, 2004
Yeah for sure. I see overlap between these boards for sure don't see them totally being in the same category.

The Twinsman is much wider, has quite a bit more volume (1.5L I think?), and was kind of ordered to be a grovelor. The Lane Splitter is definitely not a grovelor and meant for fun, punchy waves under HH. I'll still do a comparison for you though.
thanks. I would have thought just the opposite. I assumed the LS is more of a grovel small wave type board and the twinsman is for more size/punchy stuff

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
thanks. I would have thought just the opposite. I assumed the LS is more of a grovel small wave type board and the twinsman is for more size/punchy stuff
I think they're pretty comparable in general. But in this particular case my custom LS is quite a bit more narrow and that stock 5'8 and my 5'7 Twinsman is the squished down version which is wider than normal and I think may have a touch less rocker.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA

Damn. Anyone ride one?