Where to go in Mexico for fun waves and good vibes?

Nov 3, 2018
Kia ora everyone, I'm travelling up Mexico way from NZ next year. Gotta meet my USA girlfriends parents in NC first, then we are seeking out waves.
Likley doing this just after thanks giving, and looking for a spot with fun longboard waves and some more challenging shord board options. I think my girl would like La Salidita type vibes, and I'm OK with a bit of that, but would like some crowd avoiding options. Any advice on locations, accommodation, would be appreciated, and we would be open to going any where, baja included.

Reactions: sizzld1

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Generally speaking that is both a crowded and wave starved time of year here. The weather conditions are favorable and if you’re around for a while you’ll catch some waves. I’ve seen Nexpa solid doh in both December and January.

Driving a vehicle? Renting? Bus? What kind of accommodations?

There are some other threads farther down that you should look at.

Reactions: opunake
Nov 3, 2018
Cheers mate that region / left hander looks awesome. We will air bnb it I imagine, but no clue on driving - I could do it but less car stress would be great. If you were picking the perfect month to go for weather, waves, and crowds, when would you go?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Cheers mate that region / left hander looks awesome. We will air bnb it I imagine, but no clue on driving - I could do it but less car stress would be great. If you were picking the perfect month to go for weather, waves, and crowds, when would you go?
Having your own transportation is desirable, especially traveling with the Ms.

For all three things - March.

Jun 27, 2022
BCS
In southern Baja you might want to check out San Juanico , aka Scorpion Bay. During a south swell it can be epic long rides. Quaint village with friendly locals and fresh fish from the panga fisherman.

Jun 27, 2022
BCS
SJ in November? He wants to Surf....:foreheadslap:
I was there last Nov, awesome weather, little wind, warm water, low crowds and a nice swell. He said he wanted to longboard, I guess your right, not worth consideration without a pumping south swell.