We'll miss you so much Greg - RIP Greg Griffin

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Very sad to hear. Will miss his chiming in on erbb stories of yesteryear. Condolences to his family and many friends.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
wow just staggering news. greg has been my shaper for about the last 10 years. started off with a set of quad fins that breathed life into an old board and then started getting customs. i didn't talk about them much because i selfishly didn't want to make it harder to get boards but my surfing went up a notch when i started riding his sleds. they were almost a crutch they went so good. i remember knocking out a fin on the big island and borrowing a mask from the lifeguard to find it as i wasn't about to use a backup set of plain fcs's.. his craftsmanship and customer service was top notch and he never tried to get me off the phone or let me make bad decision with an order. he'll truly be missed by many and cherished pieces of history like him are leaving us far too soon. rest in peace brother greg

current and forever quiver:

6'5 cheater quad
7'6 quad mini longboard
6'0 modern twin keel
5'8 hovercraft

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
Yep. I've never loved a shortboard like I love that one. I think you had it for a bit too, right? I know it made it's rounds before I got a hold of it. When I called Greg and asked him who it should go to next, he said "Keep it and enjoy it". Thanks Greg.
I remember telling him that I did the best backside roundhouse of my life on that board!

Let's get together soon on our GG's!

saucerboy

Nep status
Aug 10, 2009
Santa Cruz
Oh man, what a tragedy. My condolences to his family and friends.

I've been primarily a lurker in my 13 years here so I never interacted with him directly. I could never tell if he was a troll or serious. I'll admit he mostly rubbed me the wrong way but I was always curious about his boards. It strikes me what a relatively small world the surfing community is. Now its smaller and less interesting without GG.