How’s the stock market?

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Virtual sex is going to be insane and insanely dangerous. My friend does VR game development and showed me some prototype stuff of one those typical sword and sorcery style games but in VR. It started out all very normal like go kill the dragon, but then Red Sonja look alike shows up to join our quest and I'm like what dragon? Remember when they made that mod of Laura Croft running around in her underwear? Like that except 4k hyper realistic graphics as close as you want to get with full eye tracking technology. So yeah 1B subscribers for $200/month seems about right.

Reactions: PRCD

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Virtual sex is going to be insane and insanely dangerous. My friend does VR game development and showed me some prototype stuff of one those typical sword and sorcery style games but in VR. It started out all very normal like go kill the dragon, but then Red Sonja look alike shows up to join our quest and I'm like what dragon? Remember when they made that mod of Laura Croft running around in her underwear? Like that except 4k hyper realistic graphics as close as you want to get with full eye tracking technology. So yeah 1B subscribers for $200/month seems about right.
Looks terrible

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Who else missed the $GME 4-1 split/dividend payout? They are giving 3 shares to every 1 share you own as a dividend payout. This is a company with negative EPS over 4 quarters, revenue losses, and declining earnings. Complete market insanity.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
There are so many millions of dudes without women.

This could stop us from going to war.
Exactly, imagine if hitler had VR to go blow his load instead. Friends of mine have made careers in second life marketplace over the pandemic.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
IMO I don't think there is any way around the cost of labor issue with restaurants, especially in high cost of living areas. There is only so much labor you can price into a plate of food before people stop eating out, except for the occasional nice meal out or special occasion. Unless you only serve business travelers and other high dollar clientele who don't care.

Aside from your "white tablecloth" restaurants, I could see most traditional table service restaurants going the way of QR codes with mobile ordering and food runners who bring everything to your table. We are already seeing this starting to happen. Which is fine, however I see more places stuck in the awkward middle where you have to stand in line to order and if you want another beer or a salt shaker (don't get me started on salt being removed from tables), you have to stand back in line again. If you are going to make that switch, go all the way.
Yep, and it’s already started. $100 meal for 2, counter service edition.

There’s a place in SF that uses a robot to make your burger. No cooks needed on payroll either.

eating out is a waste right now - chitty service, hidden fees and long waits. I think a lot of restaurants will go belly up aside from business meeting clientele.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Yep, and it’s already started. $100 meal for 2, counter service edition.

There’s a place in SF that uses a robot to make your burger. No cooks needed on payroll either.

eating out is a waste right now - chitty service, hidden fees and long waits. I think a lot of restaurants will go belly up aside from business meeting clientele.
I stopped eating out at the beginning of covid. No desire to eat out any more unless it is special occasion. If I am going to be out drinking I eat at home before I go. And have something already ready to heat up for when I get home. I did go have sushi Friday night with Geo. Cruised the boardwalk on bikes. He had a basket with vodka and mixers, ice etc. His bar on wheels. It was good to see him. He is doing pretty good.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Whats everyones thoughts on trading Forex?
It's no different than trading anything else really and all same rules apply. You need a good plan, solid risk management, ability to learn from your mistakes, and lots of patience. I occasionally trade Forex on OANDA and Think Or Swim from TD.

N2Stock

OTF status
Mar 13, 2022
It's no different than trading anything else really and all same rules apply. You need a good plan, solid risk management, ability to learn from your mistakes, and lots of patience. I occasionally trade Forex on OANDA and Think Or Swim from TD.
Cool cool Im learning how to read trends and bankers candles.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Whats everyones thoughts on trading Forex?
Currency trading?

Or are you wanting to play the interest rate difference existing in other countries?

Isn't this game one with generally small margins so to make "real" money, you need to put big money on the line?

By the way, about 20 yrs ago, was visiting relatives in Oz, and exchange was like .52 USD to 1.0 AUD. Came home with about $125 AUD that I put in the foreign money envelope.

Some years later, rate was more along the lines of .90 USD to 1.0 AUD.

That would have been $65 USD turning into $112 USD just by sitting in an envelop (am ignoring the commission charges).

Never did change it though.

And instead, some years later on the backend of the NZed trip, visited some friends in Sydney and spent it.