XTR

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I've wanted a Lost RNF '96 since, well 96. I watched 5'5 x 19 1/4 more than any other video in my life.
Guessing parallel carbon, might add some color.

Or do I get the Javier model that's very similar, but with a wing and a concave deck?
The dragon w the wings looks cool, or the Bug with the pulled in tail

Always wanted to give one of Javier's boards a shot.
I figure they wouldn't mess up one of boss's shapes :beer:

Feb 9, 2019
anyone had your black lams or carbon strips delam on these xtrs?
looks like it can happen in just a few minutes of hot summer sun
Yes. A 2019 batch. Not the xtr ones on the rails but the brand ones on the underside. The fix was to put holes into the black areas. The boards are still ok, and still work well, but the pressure release holes look horrible.
I always ask for light coloured decals if possible.
I think this situation has improved with post #7 glassing.

surfcheck101

Nep status
Apr 9, 2006
South of the Border
SB Front 1.jpg

SB Back 1.jpg

SB Backside 1.jpg

Decided to clean up my boards today so thought I would share my current XTR/Pyzel quiver for here in Southern Baja...
Left to right...
5'9" Pyzel Mini Ghost 30.5 liters
6'0" Pyzel Shadow 30.4 liters
6'0" Pyzel Highline 29.5 liters
6'2" Pyzel Ghost 32.4 liters
Me- 52yrs/5'11"/187#.
Love the durability and construction build of these XTRs and the Pyzel shapes are such high performance and great all around boards. The team at XTR are super easy to communicate with and all the boards arrived after being ordered in under 2 months.

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
How do you describe the differences in performance between the High Line and the Ghost? I have ghost, had a phantom and the ghost is far more what I am after even under head high good surf. Curious how and if the High Line can improve upon it.

surfcheck101

Nep status
Apr 9, 2006
South of the Border
How do you describe the differences in performance between the High Line and the Ghost? I have ghost, had a phantom and the ghost is far more what I am after even under head high good surf. Curious how and if the High Line can improve upon it.
For me, here in the land of generally softer reefs and points it takes a special swell for the ghost turn on-doesn’t have to be big, but needs energy & drive from a pockety/hollow wave for the board to work as intended-my ghost is a 6'2" and I use it as a step up. The Highline, wow, this board is perfect for this area when the waves get into that slightly above average to magical days-the Highline in my opinion, has a lot of drive and acceleration from takeoff to finish-perfect amount of rocker to go top to bottom quickly and general high-performance maneuverability. I dig this board (for here) and is my go-to when the waves start to turn on.

I hope to take the Ghost on a surf trip to mainland Mex or Indo, or any wave that is more consequential soon to surf it in the conditions it was meant for. The times I have been able to surf it felt magical in the right conditions.

Reactions: Aruka