Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Tell it to the guy who bought 3 lots on a semi tropical island, sold 1 three months later and built a home with only the profits, and keeps buying and selling lots for a living 20+ years later.
too much of a hassle when you can push buttons for much better returns.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
RE margins are so thin you may as well open a restaurant or a grocery store
The real money in RE is in the appreciation and value add, not the monthly cash flow. Plus the tax benefits.

You are correct that margins on monthly renters are crap, but you can make serious money in the short term rental space.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The real money in RE is in the appreciation and value add, not the monthly cash flow. Plus the tax benefits.

You are correct that margins on monthly renters are crap, but you can make serious money in the short term rental space.
It's called monthly recurring revenue, not monthly recurring margins. You aren't having to constantly buzz out a Sub-Rental and then try get Kolohe to make a few heats on it each leg of the tour, or gloss/polish a Retro Stripper and sell it before it snorts all your coke.

Monthly recurring revenue go brrrrrr.

I don't think our boy has tried to open a restaurant recently. Looks WAY less likely/easy than the guaranteed spread on RE rental.

Reactions: grapedrink

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
It's called monthly recurring revenue, not monthly recurring margins.

Monthly recurring revenue go brrrrrr.
margins on the monthly recurring revenue, profits after subtracting for expenses.

not as brrrr as you'd think, thin margins where money could be better put to work elsewhere

you'll never double or triple your money within a week in RE, pushing buttons and using your brain it's much easier

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
while you troll the erbb I've learned to double and triple money quite often, you reverse engineer pro surfers whereabouts and personal dealings while I reverse engineer how to stack stablecoin for the next bull run. This past month I've done about seven 24 hour plus trading sessions, it reminds me of when I was a kid and used to play video games for hours on end.

push buttons for money or push a tray of food into the lap of an incontinent patient and deal with biotches on the daily while being tethered to a single location

it's 5 am here in Oz, best I get some rest to do it again later on today :monkey:

• Dislike
Reactions: stringcheese

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
IMHO the difference lays in that

a-) while a crypto investor pushes buttons, watch screens, study spreads... a RE investor has fun in the sun and lets the "mailbox money" enter monthly.

b-) while a crypto investor may or may not time the positions correctly, the RE investor has fun in the sun and lets "mailbox money" adjust for inflation, pay off mortgages/establish guaranteed equity and oh, I almost forgot... watches property appreciation work in their favor.

Crypto may or may not make you monetary gains, too much work and luck involved IMHO.

RE on the other hand guarantees monetary gain (unless you are real estate dumb) without so much as lifting a finger, oh and did I mention, GUARANTEED?

:shrug:

Not telling anyone how to invest, butt personally? RE hands down every day of the week, month, year, decade.... lifetime.

It just takes patience, something todays world is sorely lacking.

Edit:

"This past month I've done about seven 24 hour plus trading sessions, it reminds me of when I was a kid and used to play video games for hours on end."

I haven't looked at a computer screen in over 20 years, except the ATM when I take cash out, or my cell phone when I make transfers, or log in here to read/post.

I don't even own a computer anymore. RE is exactly why, when I left investment banking back in the 90's i swore off those evil things... 24 hours looking at a screen? U crazy!!! :monkey::socrazy:

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
My $.02 is that waiting until the Bitcoin craze dies down, the price flatlines, then creeps back up, is a great way to make some hilariously easy money.

But I share Surf Tenerife's outlook on residential real estate as rental property. Try telling a bank you want to make a leveraged bitcoin purchase and need some flow to flow your way.

It's the mailbox money. If you have the capital, there's a good chance someone will pay your bank note and your asset will appreciate. I just don't want a phone call that something broke.

Personally I like the stonk market.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
We use a thing called "Renta Segura" (Secured Rent) which is basically a rental agency that not only screens clients, deals with leases, rent collections, evictions when necessary and get this... guarantees 100% of your monthly rental should a renter default for 12 months or until they're able to evict/re-rent. They charge more of a percentage, but they even deal with the pesky "Comunidad de Vecinos" (neighborhood associations) and any and all taxes, fees, etc... ie: headache free RE investing.

Shoulda posted this in the RE thread?

:computer::monkey:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
We use a thing called "Renta Segura" (Secured Rent) which is basically a rental agency that not only screens clients, deals with leases, rent collections, evictions when necessary and get this... guarantees 100% of your monthly rental should a renter default for 12 months or until they're able to evict/re-rent. They charge more of a percentage, but they even deal with the pesky "Comunidad de Vecinos" (neighborhood associations) and any and all taxes, fees, etc... ie: headache free RE investing.

Shoulda posted this in the RE thread?

:computer::monkey:
The guaranteed rent agencies are now a thing here but only in the big cities. Still in its infancy. Would be clutch in California where deadbeats are a protected class.

There is also deadbeat tenant insurance (just like there’s insurance for everything you can think of), although the tenants who know how to work the system could easily drag it out beyond the limits of your policy.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
IMHO the difference lays in that

Crypto may or may not make you monetary gains, too much work and luck involved IMHO.

RE on the other hand guarantees monetary gain (unless you are real estate dumb) without so much as lifting a finger, oh and did I mention, GUARANTEED?

Not telling anyone how to invest, butt personally? RE hands down every day of the week, month, year, decade.... lifetime.

It just takes patience, something todays world is sorely lacking.
RE doesn't "guarantee" gain like you suggest, far from it. Too much upkeep and red tape for most people in the modern age, also the profitability is quite low compared to the time input it requires to manage multiple properties

Your "mailbox money" didn't come without prior effort or investment of time and financial resources

Like anything in life if you want to develop the skill you have to put in the work, or you can hope to push buttons and get "lucky"
Those days never felt like work at all, learning through doing is the best way to improve at anything. Like I said previously learning how to trade effectively will make anyone a better investor. Personally property is too boring, safe and low margin for my tastes. Up now after a few hours slumber and feel refreshed and ready to start the day, good waves should be hitting the coastline in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
  • Haha

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

Depends on what you buy. I have a house in California that I'm making 4k per month on after mortgage and expenses.

Residential RE starts with buying the shittiest property in the nicest neighborhood. Rehab is relatively cheap and the opportunities to sell to large RE investors are abundant. I've never had a buy and hold mentality...but there is some stress involved in managing your 1031's when you're on the clock.

SWFL has been a gold mine. I'm cashing 20% YOY (margin) and up about 60% in asset value. Even if it cools off the seasonal market is so strong it covers the year and it's not going back to baseline.

Bitcoin is more like flipping houses. Buy low sell high with zero equity. Holding bitcoin is stupid, obviously. Like the day traders previously thought it was foolproof...until it wasn't. I keep getting close to buying it. I think it's more likely to hit 100k before it hits zero but it's just loitering right now. But how much of your personal wealth are you willing to gamble when you already know you have a sure thing in RE.

The biggest impediment to real wealth is fear of ruining your credit score. I was there at one time and now I can see what I was missing. Residential is the perfect scale. You don't hit homers like you do with commercial but the risk is much lower.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Depends on what you buy. I have a house in California that I'm making 4k per month on after mortgage and expenses.
Of course. Or when you buy. I imagine you bought that a while ago? I could probably net $600 or per month on my current home as an old fashioned LTR, but only because I bought it in 2015. Even more so if rent it furnished to retirees.

What I was getting at is with todays prices, it’s hard to find lower priced homes that rent for high dollars that also appreciate.

Residential RE starts with buying the shittiest property in the nicest neighborhood.
Doing that right now in a booming SE city right now that is approaching Austin prices. Got a 2/1 on a huge corner lot for under the nationwide median in an “up and coming” neighborhood :roflmao: The street I’m on is fine with lots of nice flips and is super central . . . But it gets ugly a few blocks over :drowning: :roflmao:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Of course. Or when you buy. I imagine you bought that a while ago? I could probably net $600 or per month on my current home as an old fashioned LTR, but only because I bought it in 2015. Even more so if rent it furnished to retirees.

What I was getting at is with todays prices, it’s hard to find lower priced homes that rent for high dollars that also appreciate.

Doing that right now in a booming SE city right now that is approaching Austin prices. Got a 2/1 on a huge corner lot for under the nationwide median in an “up and coming” neighborhood :roflmao: The street I’m on is fine with lots of nice flips and is super central . . . But it gets ugly a few blocks over :drowning: :roflmao:
I bought it in 11/2019....so just in time.

It's hard to stomach debt if you look at it as debt rather than working capital. Jump and the net will appear.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
This company

Got caught up in 3AC mess and filed for bankruptcy 7 days ago.

And then VGX (Voyager) coin pumps 580% in last 24h on $450m volume. :computer:

1657721363335.png

Maybe this group started early.

• Wow

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I bought it in 11/2019....so just in time.

It's hard to stomach debt if you look at it as debt rather than working capital. Jump and the net will appear.
This very much depends on state and local laws. Times were tough for small landlords in this state the past couple of years. BlackRock is having no problems however.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

Rental margins are great if you have owned your property for along time and are charging market rents.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Buying MATIC in the .53 range and selling it over .55 on 10x leverage has been hitting for days

Edit: Wow, this run is way over .55, at .64 and holding. Not a bad win, hope somebody got some :shaka:

Last edited: