Healthier to be overweight and strong than lean and weak - article

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Is that really what Von Meister is promoting????

The BMI scale differentiates between overweight and obese. Is obese healthy? I have seen overweight people finishing marathons, but never seen an obese person finishing. Although I'm finishing around 3:30-4:00. I don't wait around to see who's finishing after 6 hours....

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
all i know is i got down to 10 percent BF last year for the first time in my life and it was miserable.

freezing all the time, hungry and impossible to maintain. i thought i wanted to be that fit but much more comfy in the 13-15 range.

• Love

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Link with data?

All around improvement of health markers such as body composition, even for those with RA

I noticed a lot of women who get into Starting Stregth end up putting on some fat and then talking about how it's ok they're fatter than before.
Where did you meet them? The reason they got fat is they ate too much.

I know too many back injuries.
What you aren’t seeing are the number of people who dont end up going to the doctor for rotator cuff, knee, back pain etc because they do resistance training.

As usual, you are spouting off about something that you know very little about. Probably because it’s something you have no interest in doing, so you make crap posts like this to convince yourself that it’s not worth doing. Confirmation bias 101

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

All around improvement of health markers such as body composition, even for those with RA

What you aren’t seeing are the number of people who dont end up going to the doctor for rotator cuff, knee, back pain etc because they do resistance training.

As usual, you are spouting off about something that you know very little about. Probably because it’s something you have no interest in doing, so you make crap posts like this to convince yourself that it’s not worth doing. Confirmation bias 101
We need more details to know what went on with his fat neighbor, but he's just trolling. This is past the point of useful discussion.

Americans have been getting fatter AND weaker for decades. We need to get thinner and stronger.

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Is that really what Von Meister is promoting????

The BMI scale differentiates between overweight and obese. Is obese healthy? I have seen overweight people finishing marathons, but never seen an obese person finishing. Although I'm finishing around 3:30-4:00. I don't wait around to see who's finishing after 6 hours....
Marathon running is a very specific skill.....but every city marathon has recreational runners who are obese on the BMI scale finish.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Im very interested.

• Dislike

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We need more details to know what went on with his fat neighbor, but he's just trolling. This is past the point of useful discussion.

Americans have been getting fatter AND weaker for decades. We need to get thinner and stronger.
You’ll be able to hear more details eventually. I don’t want to talk about it further due to legal reasons.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink