Were these things cutting into tax revenue?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Preface this thread by saying that I despise smoking and vaping. Just find this action by the FDA to be interesting.

FDA Orders JUUL Labs To Remove Products From US Market

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Some years ago Trump was looking at banning vapes then quietly dropped the idea when he found out the big push to ban vapes was coming from cigarette makers.

That being said, a good friend is cardiologist and he told me vaping straight up destroys your heart.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Some years ago Trump was looking at banning vapes then quietly dropped the idea when he found out the big push to ban vapes was coming from cigarette makers.

That being said, a good friend is cardiologist and he told me vaping straight up destroys your heart.
my cardiologist just recently told me different but then again theres all types of vapes and vape liquid out there so who really knows. I personally noticed a huge difference in cardio and longevity about a year after I switched from Ciggies to a vape. For example - the paddle out at Ulu's on a decent day used to gas me out - id get to the lineup out of breath and having to chill for a bit. Now im barely even breathing on a paddle out like that. Same with running, etc. Its been about 3 years since ive smoked anything cept weed but i can tell you my lungs are happy now.

I will say this is silly tho - why target one brand out of hundreds?

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Preface this thread by saying that I despise smoking and vaping. Just find this action by the FDA to be interesting.

FDA Orders JUUL Labs To Remove Products From US Market

Gromsdad is too disingenuous to respond to.

What % of people here would commit to a mute of the account. Such a waste of time.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

So trump pussed out because of the tobacco lobby.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
I don’t find it interesting at all.

juul failed a regulatory submission under pmta codified by FDC act And received a mdo.

similar to a pharma company receiving a crl on a nda or bla filing of a drug.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So trump pussed out because of the tobacco lobby.
No. The tobacco lobby wanted vapes banned. When Trump found out that the push to ban vapes was really just big tobacco trying to eliminate competition he decided not to ban vapes.

He actually gave the middle finger to the tobacco lobby.

Now under the current administration at least one vape company got shut down.

I’m sure it’s just coincidence that that company is big tobacco‘s biggest threat….

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
No. The tobacco lobby wanted vapes banned. When Trump found out that the push to ban vapes was really just big tobacco trying to eliminate competition he decided not to ban vapes.

He actually gave the middle finger to the tobacco lobby.

Now under the current administration at least one vape company got shut down.

I’m sure it’s just coincidence that that company is big tobacco‘s biggest threat….
1656048351806.gif

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
When is the FDA going to ban the sale of Tobacco products? Certainly the FDA is aware of how dangerous that product is by now????
i thought you were a "less gummint reg u lay shuns" guy.
My comment is mocking the FDA for banning one product but not the other and whatever back room deals likely went into that decision. I'm not in favor of gubmint banning either. Let the dumb consumer wreck their health with either if they so choose.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Which specific brand of vapes got banned?

none of those…
Let's pretend that facts not exist.

If only we had some kind of world wide electronic fact search machine that would give us facts in seconds.

1656083485636.png