Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
What are you going to get
Couldn't even tell you a model and want something thing in the mid 7' range. Sold the Mitsven that was there and want something more shred. Thought about a Speeg but heard to look for something different. Prob thinking something like a Crowd Killer'ish style board. Be happy to hear ideas from the Stamps Camp.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I got that Rob Brown Twinzer and dont love it. Have had a couple good ones but not grabbing it first when I go surf. Wanted a mid 7's with that but Rob talked me out of it. It has a thin tail and I think thats part of it feeling sluggish for "me". We talked and will prob get one with more foam going soon.

Reactions: JDJ

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Couldn't even tell you a model and want something thing in the mid 7' range. Sold the Mitsven that was there and want something more shred. Thought about a Speeg but heard to look for something different. Prob thinking something like a Crowd Killer'ish style board. Be happy to hear ideas from the Stamps Camp.
Kim sure you e browsed his insta but there are plenty of eggy Shapes in there. Twin or quad would be great

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Be happy to hear ideas from the Stamps Camp.
I've got a 7-2 Bento Box that looks a lot like Havoc's boar
I don't even remember why I went Bento over WTF but catching waves with it is like cheating
I think it was because it's designed to be a little more responsive...

Reactions: Havoc and JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I borrowed Tim's personal Bento Box, maybe a 5'8 quad. It was a really fun and responsive grovellor. I've come close to ordering one several times but never pulled the trigger.

Reactions: Havoc

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Couldn't even tell you a model and want something thing in the mid 7' range. . . . . Prob thinking something like a Crowd Killer'ish style board. Be happy to hear ideas from the Stamps Camp.
I would look at the following:

(1) for a very HP egg shape: Roswell EPS with thruster;
(2) for cheater, fun board, cruiser: a version of Havoc's WTFO or a mini Log. I'll post some pics of my 7'6
(3) for fishy shape: a long fish TKF or quad
(4) for hippie vibes: a Sultwin

And so much more. A stretched out Flare or Shadow sound fun too.

Tim can and will make any type of board . His shaping range and willingness to be flexible and respond to customer feedback are unmatched. If you can explain what you're looking for in a halfway understandable manner, Tim will hit a home run.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
If you can explain what you're looking for in a halfway understandable manner, Tim will hit a home run.
so true, and am actually bummed I have my full Stamps quiver now and wont need to add anything till i beat these current
boards to death. been trying to convince myself i need something new again but for the first time in my life i think ive got everything i need, and might need to start riding other peoples boards again.

Reactions: Havoc

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I would look at the following:

(1) for a very HP egg shape: Roswell EPS with thruster;
(2) for cheater, fun board, cruiser: a version of Havoc's WTFO or a mini Log. I'll post some pics of my 7'6
(3) for fishy shape: a long fish TKF or quad
(4) for hippie vibes: a Sultwin

And so much more. A stretched out Flare or Shadow sound fun too.

Tim can and will make any type of board . His shaping range and willingness to be flexible and respond to customer feedback are unmatched. If you can explain what you're looking for in a halfway understandable manner, Tim will hit a home run.
Just got back from a detailed appointment and got one on order. Ive got boards for my son from him but never me.

After an hour of looking over boards I brought and then coming up with a Stretched out Shadow Quad EPS. Great talking story about people we both know from old skool Harbour days since my uncle worked for Rich in the Old Days.