15 Year old boy killed at Juneteeemph celebration as violence becomes the preferred method of celebration. What's your favorite way to celebrate?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
This "N Word" conversation reminded me of. I think it's OK to use it, if you stand to win $30 000

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
IMHO, Millennials and newer don't like books all that much.
To some extent I agree with this and to some extent, I think of Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Hunger Games and I don't remember anything remotely close to that in the 90s/late Gen X. Closest I can come up with is Fight Club and The Beach. I can definitely hear people saying those two are better, but they're not remotely close to scale of the millennials' picks.

I understand people will scoff at these, but anything that gets teens to pick up a book I kinda feel good about.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
To some extent I agree with this and to some extent, I think of Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Hunger Games and I don't remember anything remotely close to that in the 90s/late Gen X. Closest I can come up with is Fight Club and The Beach. I can definitely hear people saying those two are better, but they're not remotely close to scale of the millennials' picks.

I understand people will scoff at these, but anything that gets teens to pick up a book I kinda feel good about.
Millenials make up for the lack of reading via their uber intellectual filmography preferences. I’m like totally incapable of even following along with that Marvel stuff. The level of sophistication is beyond me.
:bricks:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Millenials make up for the lack of reading via their sophisticated filmography preferences. I’m like totally incapable of even following along with that Marvel stuff. The level of sophistication is beyond me.
Please tell me this is bait, and you didn't just refer to capeshit as having a level of sophistication beyond sh!t-eating bacteria. Please.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
When I was a teacher I used to tell my students that reading anything is good, but reading anything by Kurt Vonnegut was better.

• Love
Reactions: bvendley and afoaf

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
That's the one.
Your mother never washed your mouth out with soap, did she?

3 pumps of liquid, hold for 10 minutes. Cry or spit it out prior to the timer going off, repeat. Suddenly, one‘s tongue isn’t so quick when you feel your cheeks getting warm.

the bar is overrated.

as a kid in elementary school 4 score ago, I did some time in public schools in the south, North Carolina. Desegregation. Bused 45 min to school to a balance out thr “ratio” when there was a school 10 min away. learned the difference between “er” and “aaaaa”. Any skin color can be a “er” and friends are always “aaaaa”.

similiar to A.C. In the north, we didn’t call em “er” But “democrats”.